Headed down to South Texas for my big deal...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Yeah, various places in Texas buy these "exotic animals" and then offer "canned hunts" to the rich and famous.....guaranteed kills, you know the drill........I pass an auction house outside of Austin, TX that specializes in exotic animals. Our climate here is particularly kind to animals from Africa....we have the same sort of geology and plant life.

Doug

Nilgai - that has got to be one of the ugliest antelope's I have ever seen...I am probably going to draw the wrath of the anti-gun anti-hunting crowd by saying that whoever killed it probably did it a favor...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Hey, Brian...here's a great idea--HHO technology. Essentially, you use water and an electrolytic additive and electricity to create hydrogen gas, which you then inject into that 4 rotor Wankel to supplement the petroleum type of gas (sort of like free nitrous)! Here are a couple of YouTube's from a guy who kicked all our @$$es at the International Fingerstyle Guitar Championship in Winfield, KS--seems he's into alternate energy, too:

YouTube - HHOJune2008

YouTube - HHO 7-30-08

Of course, you need a place to make all that energy, so I hereby propose that we leave the driver's seat in the SLC and just use the passenger's half of the tub for our little water (ice) and electrolyte (beer) experiment--we can even use the auxiliary output from the guitar amps to provide the electricity to "cook" out the hydrogen gas!

And, when we're done, we can jam to the music that Tim Thompson used to win that guitar competition (I wasn't even CLOSE), as we watch your clean up the mess (check this out, A.J.!!):

YouTube - The Flintstones Theme

Sounds like a plan to me.....just don't start up that 4 rotor the next morning before we get over the......well, you know!

Doug

Last edited:
Since this thread has drifted all over the place, wanted to let People know that if they are interested in HHO,,,,,,, please, please don't use the info in the posted links as a way to generate the gas. The methods in the links are VERY VERY dangerous, and very primitive. NEVER, NEVER use glass jars. Here is what happened to one of the leaders in the field.
YouTube - bonehead move on wifes rig hho explosion
Imagine what would have happened if he had used glass. The latest and greatest are using what is refered to as a "dry cell"
YouTube - HHO install in a 2006 Ram 1500 - 4
Want to know more PM me. I am doing some research myself. I have a lawnmower running on 50% H2O and 50% gasoline using plumbing parts. Shooting for pickle juice, used motor oil and anything else that is combustible!!!!! Felt it was important to get the safety factor out there.

Doug and A J, have you ever heard of this guy.
YouTube - guitar
He goes by the name of Funtwo. Always plays where you can't see his face. He is from Japan and is a graduate student, who had never seen a guitar until about 6 months before this video was done, which was about 2 years ago. Info is a little fuzzy. He taught himself to play. It has over 51,000,000 views and 200,000 responses.
I like this one two!!
YouTube - funtwo (canon played) - vivaldi - the four season 'summer'

Bill

Bill - never heard of that guy before.If you guys ever get a chance,go see Leo Kottke.Just amazing. Doug and Bill - I'm going to shoot video of the guitarist in the band doing Stevie's 'Rude Mood' and I'll post it when I get a chance.He does a bit while playing Flood Down in Texas where you can't see his hands move,just a blur it's so fast.incredible. Hey Brian,what kind of lead time do you expect on that 4 can Wanker,I mean Wankel? Will there be enough time in the meanwhile to build that track(Jac Mac and I are waiting to show you the finer points of the 'turn left and punch it' driving experience). Bill,you're so right about the safety aspect with this chemical stuff and one other point is eye and skin damage from not only schrapnel but potential chemical burns as well. Well,I'm still waiting for Pete to step in with the one liners - all I saw the last time I was in the El Paso area was definitely not non-indigenous animals,only the infamous Mexican Border Bunny:sombrero: on it's northern migration and the Crawford Bush Snake . A.J.

Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Yeah, I was thinking about HHO. I've actually contacted the company that's building HHO welders and working on an HHO kit for the automotive world. Gaseous injectors and all that kinda stuff are available so it could be done. I just don't know.

I was thinking about running it on E85 and bumping up the compression some more. Of course I'll have to go to Austin to get E85 because there isn't any around here, but I could always run a different program for 93 octane. That's the beauty of stand alone ECU's. Maybe a dual injector setup on the intake side so you can run one injector on gasoline and then run both with the E85. Ah well, we'll see. I have a tuning master at my disposal who will figure all that crap out. I just have to stay on his case as he's one of those who work extremely slow due to their constant thinking and recalculations and analyzing everything.

As for the Nilgai, yeah they're all over the place in South Texas. They were brought in back in the 1920's as exotic game but reproduced like rabbits and now they're everywhere down there. They are huge and like was mentioned earlier, very ugly. LOL

This thread is drifting everywhere!! LOL Oh well, this is the paddock!!

Laters,

Brian

Since the thread's on the long & winding path to wherever, here's a thought about parking your investment somewhere - offshore!

Paolo has mentioned that the GP at Monza is a miracle every year due to the local residents sooooooo, how about parking some of your profit in a nice house just outside the royal park in Milan?

Maybe we should be encouraging a particular F1 team to do the same thing?

Brian Hamilton

Hahaha!

Nah, I'm here. Just been busy this weekend with my birthday party & all. Had a great time, spent all of Sunday recovering and firing off about $100 worth of ammo for my .40 Baby Eagle pistol, .308 H&K G3 rifle, and Remington 870 12 gauge. Shot tons of skeet, some old metal containers, and random stuff. Good old fashioned fun. Hell, I live in the country now, we can get away with that stuff right?!

Anyway, nothing really new to report on the deal.

Laters,

Brian

Brian Hamilton

Brian.
Did you bag any Jackalope while you were out splunking. I hear they grow pretty big in Texas.
Dave

HAHAHA!!

Nope, just evil clay pigeons and old freon tanks we found. They were empty. It was basically just 3 guys out being guys and playing with high caliber guns. Plus we had a little semi-automatic .22 rifle. I swear to God, that's the most fun thing in the world. I LOVE .22's. LOL My G3 makes my arm hurt after a while of shooting 180 grain shells.

Back