Hello from NASCRAP country

Mike, still working on the location getting things set up. Once it's ready we'll have a grand opening. It's being run by a friend Travis, that worked for me for years out here.
I won't be out there much but from time to time.
It's actually pretty funny how this came together. Both Travis and another friend who was my engineer out here were hired away from me by a couple of cup teams. Now their board and wanted to build cars again, enter Levy Racing East.

Gordo,
Sounds like you are having too much fun... but then, there's no such thing as having too much fun, is there. Good to have friends like Travis.
If you're setting up shop in Mooresville then you are probably inside the closely-guarded confines of Race City's industrial park off Rt. 150 (or as they say locally, Highway 150) near the big water tower. I was in there the other day and there are quite a few properties up for lease/rent. But then, that's racin'.
Got an address yet? Keep me in the loop on the progress. My son is VP at Millsport Marketing out by Concord Airport and one of his accounts is the "Team Tylenol" crowd. We are really proud of his rise within the framework of the sport.
I do lots of flying around the area taking aerial photos so when you need a nice promo shot of your facility, let me know.
Mike

Hello fellow North Kacalakians,i too am from Mooresville and work in the Nascar field,but enjoy all types of motoring and motorsports.Would love to get together some time put a face to a name over a cold one.I'm 55 and have been involved in racing at some level or other for over 30 years,always loved the GT40 since i got to see them back in the 60's.Have owned/driven 4 Vettes,2 Porsches,1 Ferrari,1 Alpha,1 Fiat and a bunch of Rx7's.About 9 years ago i went to work for Roush and have been here ever since.I got off the road 2 years ago and now play with my toys on weekends,(bikes and cars) like i said,i'd love to get together sometime to talk shop and bench race.
Thanks for having me,
Bill (Wilby)

Hey Bill,
Sounds like a good time waiting to be had. Let's hook up some time on your off-time schedule (mine is very flexible - 'ceptin' when it's severe clear and I'm flying). cell phone is 828-291-5100 - but if I'm in my office there ain't any tower-power for this damn yankee's cell phone. I'm still trying to get a cell tower installed on my 20 acres up here at the Possum Valley Ranch. We're 11 miles north of 150 and 2 miles east of 16 if you can triangulate that one mentally.
I got ya by 11 years but I haven't grown up yet... might've gotten a bit older but my wife still says that I ran away and joined the circus when I retired 22 years ago.
I have a few project cars in my shop - which I'm still trying to organize - and lots of racing stories to tell and listen to.
Mike

Guys, are there any events coming this year where you guys get together with your vehicles,shows,runs,etc? Also,Mike thanks for the reply,would love to get together with you and talk shop/cars,i'll give you a call when were not working weekends,(you know thrashin for Daytona) and we can get together.
Thanks,
Bill (Wilby)

Ron,
Re: "Hmmm. CARY - Containment Area for Relocated Yankees?"
Just calling it (the city) what it has become, not reflecting on it's inhabitants of yore.
This DY moved here 14 years ago and ain't looking back.
Mike

Wilby,
I'll be at the Ford Owners Assn. of the Carolinas "Spring Fling" Car show at your (Roush-Fenway) place on April 28th with my Griffith, lots of "Griff" stuff to sell and I'll be signing and selling my book "The Griffith Years".
On June 6-7-8 I'm currently assembling the mob that will attend our annual "Gathering of Griffiths and TVRs" where there will be lots of Griffiths and TVRs (and many other classic marques on display and on the track) at the VIR Gold Cup weekend.
I'm gathering entrants for a car show I'm running at the Ramada Inn just off I-40 in Hickory (actually Conover, NC) for the American Legion on July 26th (includes b**r blast and cookout) ---but other than that, aside from whatever pops up along the way, just hanging out!
I've got three flying jobs this month and finishing off some indoors projects around the ranch here at Possum Valley.
Just having fun.
Mike

Mike,
I'll be at our Cup shop for the fling,hope to meet you.I've been to Gold cup a couple of times,last year with my Mini club,we had a ball.If you've got any fliers about that show in Conover/Hickory,i'd be glad to post some around. Anyway would like to see the Griffiths and meet you.
See ya!
Bill

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron,
Re: "Hmmm. CARY - Containment Area for Relocated Yankees?"

Yes, it is unfortunate. I live on a street with about 12 other homes and I think two household are inhabited by North Carolina natives - mine and the neighbor two houses over. It typically doesn't bother me until they start with "Back up North we do it like....."

To which I reply "Well, if you don't like it down here I95 runs North and South and it'll take you back from where you come"

That said my next door neighbor is from Jersey and builds hot rods, he's an awesome neighbor to have. But, he doesn't complain....

Ron,
I can understand the "when I was up North..." syndrome. When I got here I kept my ears and eyes open and shut my mouth to learn the ways of my new home. Occasionally, now, I add a bit of flavor to a conversation but never use the Yankee retort.
Hell, I'm having too much fun here to screw it up.
Mike

Bill,
Check your e-mail for information regarding the Spring Fling as well as my schedule on Saturday, 2-2-08, Groundhog Day... Look carefully for your shadow when you pop out of your bedroom in the morning!
Mike

Back