Heritage Engineering T70 Spyder

Ron,

Nice looking Cobra (your picture posted in your profile area). It almost looks like it does not have a hood scoop. Like Johan said, post some pictures so all of us can enjoy your ride.:pepper:

Gary,

I'd forgotten that picture was even there. The car does have a scoop, just posted a low resolution picture, I guess. Pic was taken at the 2007 Cobra Bash up in Reno. Fun event. Especially track day.

profilepic15771_1.gif

Yes, that-a-boy, great looking car ! It looks like you use it on a track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johan,

Thanks again. I enjoyed your comparison between mid-engined and front/rear-engined cars. In some respects, the handling characteristics sound like a gocart. Are you familiar with the DSR/CSR classes in SCCA? Much smaller cars than either the t70 or 962, but with full areo. Essentially mini LeMans prototypes (some run in the "IMSA Lites" class). Perhaps one of the few other cars that I would consider selling the Kirkham for.

Anyway, enough about the Kirkham. Where and when do you expect the "exercise" the 962? HSR?

Yes, HSR.
I think you should investigate the Sports 2000 cars that use a Pinto engine.
These cars are extremely fast and very economical to run...
The D and C Sports racers with motorcycle engines are never going to run in vintage racing in my opinion because they are not considered proper motorcars, but the Sports 2000 cars can run in SCCA, so there is a wider selection of venues to race the car.
I am fond of the mid engine cars that have some grunt just because of the way they sound and feel. The smaller engined cars are so light that they are just as fast or faster on some tracks.
Sports 2000
bh-14.jpg

D Sports racer
gallery_3.jpg

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Johan !!
Excellent video. I enjoyed watching you at Road America in July. You have a real class act there. Perhaps next year, I'll make Road Atlanta as it looks to be a excellent course also.
Regards Brian

Thanks Brian. Road America is my favorite track and a lot of that has to do with the local turnout. I just noticed the tach is not working too well on the last lap. Dang British wiring ! Maybe I can get Fran (since he has an accent)to send me one for free if I start calling him early Sunday morning and then try to trash his reputation on the web:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith

Dang British wiring ! :)

Huh! At least our hot wire is coloured brown or red. :shout:

How on Earth (pun intended) can you have a WHITE wire for a hottie eh? :shocked:

Anyway, I won't go too far down this road as we are responsible for Lucas - 'tis true..:cry:

Great clip Johan, thanks for posting. Bet those other guys thought they were hauling........

Just what I need for more motivation on my project!

Cheers

Fred W B

HeY Johan, drop me an email at; datonabill at msn dot com an I can reply Thanks, Bill Hough

Bill, you want the dull red red MK III nose ? If you make a mould from it and sell noses, how much will they be ?

I have one of those dull red noses too...hanging on the wall in the shop...must have come from the same place originally

The Mk3 is so different from the 3B everywhere.... having the Red "Barn Find" body in the showroom its quite evident seeing them side by side

Johan, I would love to cast a mould off it. For you, the first nose out of the mould would be free. You can call me if you like at 781-659-1404 between 12 noon an 1 EST

Actually I had two of the red noses. I used one to put flairs on a MK II nose. The MK III has beautiful little flairs and the MK II does not. I do not have a MK III so I do not need a MK III nose, but they are available already so no real need to have more moulds made from a supply standpoint. I would like to see the nose put to use instead of leaning against my fence though. I think the red gelcoat noses came from California in the late 1980s or early 1990s.

Back