I know that I will take crap for this but...

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Howard, remind be not to get on your shit list.................Oh yea, remind me to get off your shit list!

I suppose I could just let him take it for a drive and have his superior pull him over - with a case of beer and his misplaced dominatrix mail conveniently located in the passenger seat - of course that would be wrong.

Bring on the creativity!!!!!

My neighbours love my loud exhaust. They all get up very early in the morning and wave at me as I go out!!

Chris, have you ever counted how many fingers they wave you off with. Is it five or much less than five?:wiseguy:

I live in a house up a 100m long driveway that must pass about 8 houses before you make it to the road. On a Sunday morning I don't take anything out that will wake the neighbours, until after 10:00am.

There has probably been 2 occasions in the last 2 yrs when I've had to leave around 6am in something that would wake everyone.

Cam
Auckland, NZ

Charlie M

Supporter
I bought a dual inlet dual outlet Flowmaster muffler from Summit. I've only run the engine on a test stand but it isn't very loud (a LOT quieter than my Cobra was). It wasn't that expensive either.

Charlie

Keith

Put some steel wool loosely in the exhaust pipes. As soon as you're out of the neighborhood, hit the throttle HARD, and the resulting blast will blow the steel wool out of the pipes. Then, on your way home, stop, pick it up, and stuff it back in (or carry spare chunks). And motor quietly back into your garage...if you're worried about rust stains, bronze wool will work just as well.

THAT was easy!

Jim, not only will the wire wool blow out of the exhaust, but it's likely to be red hot and on fire too! (Soaks up unburnt gas - and one small backfire, boom!) Regular sight at the racetracks around here... :)

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
My experience is that even with no mufflers a GT40 is not all that loud - unless you get on the gas.

Certainly MUCH quieter than a Harley Davidson - which brings another point......why don't those extremely loud Harley's get tickets for excessive noise?

I start my car up and get going with as little drama as possible. Neighbors love me.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I bought a dual inlet dual outlet Flowmaster muffler from Summit. I've only run the engine on a test stand but it isn't very loud (a LOT quieter than my Cobra was). It wasn't that expensive either.

Charlie

Looks sort of like this muffler that I got originally from RCR;

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Check with Fran Hall - He can fix you right up! :thumbsup:

Just keep the revs very low, ie less than 1500 rpm, which should be possible if you don't have a race engine. This should make it quiet enough until you are out of hearing range of your neighbour.

Chris

marc

Lifetime Supporter
:evil: Use a little nitromethane to quiet it down :evil:

actually some turbos will quiet that motor down and just a wee bit more power!!! :thumbsup:

Back