I need an old set old Tyres. can you help?

Hi Everyone,

Whilst my car is being built, I am at the stage where I need to get hold of some old tyres to sit her on. It will likely be another year before we require new rubber, so I don't want tie up lots of cash in a new set only to ruin them whilst we finish up the work on the car.

Below are the sizes I am looking for. Happy to pay something reasonable and collect from you or arrange carriage etc.

Dunlop Post Historic tyres CR82's (or similar)

Fronts 430-1160-15

Rears 530-1360-15

Graham Turner has offered some fronts, but runs wider rears on his 917. It would be handy to collect a full set from one place, but if you have the rears that will be just fine.

Hoping someone may be able to help. Thanks guys.

Mark

Hello Mark
I have a pair of used Dunlop Racing CR65's (5.50Mx15) if any good.

These are currently fitted to a pair of original 1960's GT40 8" 'Borrani's (correct spec Record' 3928's) which I might be selling off soon.

These are all back in the UK and presently situated in Kent which I think is near to you?

Hi Paul.

I'll float that by my techy types just to be sure though. I suspect they are too narrow though and we have to get the right rolling circumference.

Kent is not actually very near to me, though that is not an issue if they are right.

Thanks for stepping up. :thumbsup:

Hi Mark
OK, no problems, let me know.

Using a measuring stick I am getting the following approx dimensions if this helps.
'flat' area of tread in contact with road = 6.5" wide
Overall tyre width at widest point = 9.75"
Outer rolling diameter = 25" (approx)

I travel round up M25 North and up M40 or M1/M6 to Birmingham every few weeks if that helps.

Dont know what is a fair price for these though?

Cheers
Paul

If they are suitable, we will be able to sort something out I am sure!

The trouble is the rears.My wheels are 13x15 at the back and 10x15 at the front. Graham has the fronts so it is the wider rears that are the immediate problem.

If it helps, I compared my Dunlop rears, which are the same as Pauls, to my 12" magnesium BRMs and they looked as if they would fit, as the old crossplies bulge out at the rims a long way. Regards.. Andrew

Back