I wonder which chassis this car uses

Ryeno...we have Ford Coyote...TT Lexus...SBF....SBC 410 sprint car engines in SL-C's... and just recently a supercharged Honda 4 cylinder engine package was chosen...and thats not to mention the diesel engine....

Consider me corrected :thumbsup:

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
There's always the lightweight Indy and Formula 1 engines. I saw an early 2000's Chevy 3.5 TT pushing 700hp going for $25k on race car sales. But then for you need 2.5 gallons methanol for every normal gallon fo gas to get that power...There's the lightweight Hartley spliced Hayabusa's.

A 900kg car with 60hp...I think I'd take the weight penalty for a 7.0 or 8.4 liter torquer. I hope the next Viper model comes out with some over the top 9.4 Liter V10. :thumbsup:

The rumor is that the Viper will have an 8.7 liter V10 producing over 700 hp. At SEMA, they had the "drag racing" V10 that produces 800 hp. So who knows? I'm interested in seeing Dave's three rotor when it gets done. If I were to go with a four cylinder on a SLC, Id go with a Subaru. Very light engine and it also makes torque.

There's always the lightweight Indy and Formula 1 engines. I saw an early 2000's Chevy 3.5 TT pushing 700hp going for $25k on race car sales. But then for you need 2.5 gallons methanol for every normal gallon fo gas to get that power...There's the lightweight Hartley spliced Hayabusa's.

A 900kg car with 60hp...I think I'd take the weight penalty for a 7.0 or 8.4 liter torquer. I hope the next Viper model comes out with some over the top 9.4 Liter V10. :thumbsup:

Ironically I know roughly how 900kg 60bhp car would go, without the handling though and funnily enough the 3cyl 60bhp engine in my car is one of the lightest production car engines around.

A 900kg SL-C with my 60bhp engine on anything even remotely sticky rubber and I do not exaggerate, on a track you could take everything nigh on flat out and with every gear shift you could hit WOT immediately without fear of wheelspin or the backend kicking out, I kid you not.

As for a 4cylinder engine in an SL-C, no thanks, one of the very reasons why I am moving to the US is so I don't HAVE to have an engine like that... ;)

Last edited:
Ryeno...we have Ford Coyote...TT Lexus...SBF....SBC 410 sprint car engines in SL-C's... and just recently a supercharged Honda 4 cylinder engine package was chosen...and thats not to mention the diesel engine....

Have any flat-6's made the cut?

Back