Infidels with two wheels

Ok, if past bikes are allowed, here are some "sports" bikes I've owned. I haven't got pic's of all my old bikes unfortunately... and these pic's are pretty awful - Ah well, hindsight...

The Honda and Suzi pic's were taken when I was showing them to my late Grandfather who raced bikes back in the good old days. He told great stories... I have some great pic's of him on his bikes.
The children (obscured) in those pics are my nephews.

Suzuki GSXR1100 - Fabulous bike, damn I wish I hadn't sold it. New owner dropped it a week later... :(

Honda VF750F - liked this bike but it had some unfortunate flaws.

Kawasaki GPZ900R - Great bike in it's time. A car hit my wife and I on this. Destroyed the bike and changed my life... :(

RD250LC - Ok so it had less than 100 bhp but I reckon it was still a sports bike, and I had a pic' of it. :)

Tim.

Attachments

• GSXR1100.JPG
    GSXR1100.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 334
  • VF750.JPG
    VF750.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 346
  • KWAKA2.JPG
    KWAKA2.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 347
  • RD250LC.JPG
    RD250LC.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Suzuki GSXR1100 - Fabulous bike, damn I wish I hadn't sold it. New owner dropped it a week later... :
(

My sponsor at the time built one of these bikes up to be 1300 or 1400 cc, set a record for the fastest ''NA Streetbike" with it (203 miles an hour). Then he stuffed a ''smaller'' engine in it and we used it to collect contingeny money in roadracing events. That thing was SCARY....huge torque, no frame! I remember under hard braking the frame would compress and the front tire would touch the radiator on a semi regular basis !!!! Granted at the time it was probably the best street bike ever made, just serves as a vivid reminder of how great current street bikes have become.

Be thankful you didn't do it with a VF750F then...
I'd buy that GSXR1100 ("G" I think) back in an instant, unfortunately it was crashed... I never had the tyre touch the rad' but the back wheel spent quite a lot of time off the ground under braking.
I have to agree though, modern sports bikes are crazy good.
R1's are amazing bikes but man they could get me into trouble with the law - they are the devil!

Apart from dirt I've kept off the track with bikes so I doubt I've come anywhere near to torturing a bike to the degree you have.

I've just found a pic' of my first bike while looking through albums. I don't think it'd make the grade here though. Very light but only 2.5bhp. :)

I'm the worst with camera's. Sometimes I wish I had some interest in them, then I might have some more interesting pictures...

Tim.

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
One of my former bikes, my Norton 850 Commando... It didn't run very often, but when it did, it was the best-handling motorcycle I've ever ridden. Somewhere I have a photo of my R90S, also sold along to someone who fit on it better than I did. I don't miss it, but I do miss the Norton. What a beast.

Attachments

• norton commando 1975 002.jpg
    norton commando 1975 002.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 226

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Another cool little unit, which didn't have huge power but was a lot of fun to ride and looked very much the part of the little cafe racer. They didn't sell many of these, but they are collectible now, as they are getting more appreciated as the years go by....Honda 400F SuperSport, 1977, I think.

Attachments

• Honda 400F 002.jpg
    Honda 400F 002.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 244
My case.... Buell XB12SS for fun (not for long :cry:)
and Suzuki SV650S to go to work...

if you don't know that... in France motorcycle cannot have a power over 100BHP... some guys are using their bikes at full power, but they might have serious problems with insurance or police...

This is my GSX1300R Hayabusa. Its mad, the power is intoxicating. Its so easy to lose your licence on one of these. There is so much torque and it handles quite well too for such a long bike, nothing like an R1 though. It eats miles like you wouldn't believe, its such a good all-rounder, i love it.

Jas

Attachments

• 05072008118.jpg
    05072008118.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 259

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Infidel my rosy Red White and Blue ass...
This is America - Assimilate or hit the fricken road...
Now that I got that out of my system... :)

How about some shots of one of the bikes that started the Superbikes..

It's a 1982 Honda CBX.. Yes it's heavy at ~650# wet, but it has 6 cylinders inline, 1,047cc, 6 Carbs, Conservatively rated at 105HP.
It's weight kept it from being a serious competitor and ultimately meant it's demise as 1982 concluded the offering of the model line introduced in 1978. This one is one of 5300 built in it's final year of production.
I will be keeping it for a long time..

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

01011101160201040120080801c556da9cd.jpg

Sounds like NOTHING else on two wheels;
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qeRpnpqyT30&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qeRpnpqyT30&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In my mind the CBX is the father of the Haybusa set, more of a sport/tour/dragbike. The CBX sounds awesome with pipes thats for sure.

All the uber bikes are a licence to lose you licence in a heartbeat...kind of like some of the cars we build here....go straight to jail all while never getting out of first gear.

Nice street ride Cal, verrrry nice......

thanks mesa, its fun but you have to respect the rarity, akin to having a "real" 40. i have been told that mine is an original rothmans italian honda bike, which only 6 were supposed to have been delivered from the factory. the s/n is correct and my paint guy says its not a respray. maybe the only bike around that the body work is worth more than the bike!

hi, bikes ar the only i can show you, 40-still in work, but it needs time,.....
i am the green-one, the whole garage full,.....

TEAM JUST

Attachments

• DSC00394_Größe ändern.JPG
    DSC00394_Größe ändern.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC00528.JPG
    DSC00528.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Ernstl0.JPG
    Ernstl0.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC00003_Größe ändern.JPG
    DSC00003_Größe ändern.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Kopieren von ZX 10 04-1.jpg
    Kopieren von ZX 10 04-1.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 192

Glenn M

Supporter
Mine is a Triumph Speed Triple which is a fantastic bike. Tammy's is a Daytona (which she adores) and Williams is... well, just not big enough he says!

Attachments

• DSC03536.JPG
    DSC03536.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC03529.JPG
    DSC03529.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 215

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Glenn,

Great picture and great bikes! I had the pleasure of riding a Speed Triple in the NC mountains late last year. Fantastic bike. Great power delivery from the triple, very smooth and linear. I didn't know Tammy rode too, good on her. My wife used to ride but gave it up some years ago and now I can't get her back on one.

Good to see you guys last month, hope you can come visit.

Picture from the outing last year. Was a bit chilly and wet. Matt and I are smiling in the picture, but that quickly turned to a frown. About 10 seconds after this picture I heard a hissing noise which turned out to not be a snake, but the rear tire on the Triumph going flat from a puncture....and a whole new adventure started - the quest for tires/fix a flat in the rural NC mountains....

ncmountians2009mattandron.jpg

Here's my little collection - Duc 916 Senna III, Honda Firestorm and my faithful old Yammy RD500.

Carwise, there's a 528 Hemi-powered Cobra, a Jag D-type replica and an RCR GT40 arriving any day now.

Attachments

• senna_Steve.jpg
    senna_Steve.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 180
  • vtr2.JPG
    vtr2.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 179
  • YAMMY.jpg
    YAMMY.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 176
2000 X1 Lightning....I believe the HP and Torque are both very close to the 100 mark. Sure is a fun one to ride!

Attachments

• Buell2.jpg
    Buell2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 191
Mine is a Honda VFR800 Anniversary. Picture was taken last year at Heysham Head on the way to the TT. Those were the days when the sun shone!

Martin.

Attachments

• P1030896.jpg
    P1030896.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 198
Back