Is the right to bear arms outdated.

John, I'm demanding that the killing stop.

John, do I really have to explain to you how a Democracy works? You think I'm doing this?

John, the People of the United States elect the Govenment. This is how the people feel about guns:

Quoting the Washington Post, now?? Slight step up from General Social Survey... But I would like to point out that the far right of that chart... Only a small percentage are in favor of no guns at all... But a huge percentage oppose no guns at all. So thus chart shows that you, Mr. Craik are in the minority. Thanks for posting this. ;-)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Danimal,

First you say that the chart can't be believed, then you say it proves your point?

You really do not know what you are talking about, do you?

No what I am saying is that a survey from a newspaper is not credible, but if _YOU_ argue that it is, then it shows that you are in the minority based on the far righthand graphic. Blue is in favor and red opposes, correct???? Last category is "no guns period" the red bar opposing "no guns period" is a lot bigger than the blue bar in favor of "no guns period"

Again, a newspaper survey is a biased sample and therefore not 100% accurate, but if you are trying to convince us it is, then you (as stated many times) are in favor of "no guns at all" which shown by the above graph is in the minority.

So, again, what guns does the liberal left want us to have?

Come.on, you know that answer.....nothing.

And you know it has nothing to do with reducing crime or they would be pushing hard for mandatory minimum sentences, reducing parole ans eliminatibg parole for violent criminals.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Well John,

As you know perfectly well, I can't speak for the "Liberal Left", I can only speak for myself.

As hand guns are responsibe for the most gun deaths by a wide margin, plus they are easly hidden and easly stolen. I would call for a ban on hand guns, semi automatic guns and guns with large clips.

Thats just my opinion.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say criminals are ones responsible for committing the crimes not inanimate objects.... Just a hunch though....

Mr Craik, since according to NTSB, there is a huge increase in fatalities in accidents where speeding was involved versus non speeding, will you campaign to ban all cars capable of speeding? Just curious.

Afterall, 200hp is more than adequate for passenger cars.... Why don't you push to have all road cars with more than that banned...especially light weight, low profile cars with 450 hp,to quote that owner, "more than enough."

Last edited:
As hand guns are responsibe for the most gun deaths by a wide margin, plus they are easly hidden and easly stolen. I would call for a ban on hand guns, semi automatic guns and guns with large clips.

Ok. So here are the guns you get:
Deer Rifles - Usually used as a WWII main battle rifles. Fires a projectile 2x as powerful as the Bushmaster used in the shootings. Bullets defeat virtually all levels of body armor, pass though multiple targets, houses, structures. Bolt action, fires from a 5 - 10 round internal or detachable magazine. Reloads quickly through the use of stripper clips if no detachable mag. Effective range: around 1000 yards. Bullet range: 5 miles.

Feel safer now?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say criminals are ones responsible for committing the crimes not inanimate objects.... Just a hunch though....

Mr Craik, since according to NTSB, there is a huge increase in fatalities in accidents where speeding was involved versus non speeding, will you campaign to ban all cars capable of speeding? Just curious.

Afterall, 200hp is more than adequate for passenger cars.... Why don't you push to have all road cars with more than that banned...especially light weight, low profile cars with 450 hp,to quote that owner, "more than enough."

Is that your argument, is that the best you have, really?

Look, I'll say this one more time, cars, motorcycles, knives, chopsticks and peanut butter, were not designed to kill and intimadate. When used as directed, they have peaceful uses. 99.999999 percent of the time they are used as directed and serve a useful purpose.

Guns are designed to kill and intimadate, when used as directed they kill and intimadate, its that simple!

Is that your argument, is that the best you have, really?

Look, I'll say this one more time, cars, motorcycles, knives, chopsticks and peanut butter, were not designed to kill and intimadate. When used as directed, they have peaceful uses. 99.999999 percent of the time they are used as directed and serve a useful purpose.

Guns are designed to kill and intimadate, when used as directed they kill and intimadate, its that simple!

Firearms were designed to fire a projectile or projectiles...it's how the product is used misused.

If you really want to play the game of "designed for", hammers were originally designed as clubs for killing animals for food and people during war.

And appraisals were designed to give fair value, but I know many were inflated to help drive the housing market and to allow some borrowers to buy more house than they could afford. But I will not say that all appraisers misused the product.

Speaking of making our society safer, were you able to find how many crimes were committed by repeat criminals??

You do know that Guns are used in the Olympics. Are they not using the guns as directed?

So then are you also OK with the Deer rifle i outlined above? Why?

Last edited:
If your not OK, then why didn't you include it in your ban list?

Jim, I think the problem is that you are trying for perfection. If you really want to end all gun violence, just say that you want all guns to be banned. At this point, you have already admitted that your against all guns. I think you also have to reevaluate where you are on the political spectrum. I believe you are indeed to the very far left. You are even living in the Bay Area!

But much like all attempts at being perfect, having a 100% gun free society is impossible. As you know banning all guns would only lead to bad guys having guns. This means that good guys wont even have the chance to fight back.

I learned recently that Mexico has cartels other than the drug ones we all know about - They have gun cartels because its very difficult to legally obtain any guns there. If we have some sort of restrictive gun ban, I wonder if they will enter through are porous boarder and set up shop here. It would be a perfect market opportunity. If you think the guns we have now are bad, will 'till you see the real military weapons they bring...

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
No it's about thousand of needless deaths. I'm through with this discussion, I will never stop trying to end these deaths and you will never stop defending needless slaughter.

I'm at peace with myself, I hope you sleep well. When you meet your maker, if you have one, you can explain how much fun you had with your macho death sticks. Good luck with that!

I don't think its about control at Jim's level. I think he wants to do something about the shooting so he feels better. I don't think Jim is out to hurt anyone or do evil deeds. He just wants to do what he feels is right.

But, it does raise the question: what was the last democrat policy that made people feel bad? You have to agree that life, personal or political, can't be all milk and honey...

No it's about thousand of needless deaths. I'm through with this discussion, I will never stop trying to end these deaths and you will never stop defending needless slaughter.

I'm at peace with myself, I hope you sleep well. When you meet your maker, if you have one, you can explain how much fun you had with your macho death sticks. Good luck with that!

Now I really have heard it all.

The pot calls the kettle black!

Compared to the 1.2 million innocent deaths in 2008?

You should get on your knees ASAP Jim and beg for forgiveness.

Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics

Back