Is the right to bear arms outdated.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jack, they were denied the gun purchase! Now I know they could steal one or go to a gun show, and some of them will, but no where near all.

When smart people working together end the gun show loophole, the system will become even more effective!

Jack, they were denied the gun purchase! Now I know they could steal one or go to a gun show, and some of them will, but no where near all.

When smart people working together end the gun show loophole, the system will become even more effective!

And thats where they get them. So how are background checks helping?
It's only national registration where the government would know what each individual has, how many, and where to find them that I appose.

Like I have said, we all have our opinions.

Mr Craik,

I believe that you will find a problem with the stat of "more than 700,000 denials."

If there really were that many legitimate denials of prohibited persons from buying guns, then why haven't there been that many prosecutions?? You see, if a person lies on the form 4473 and the NICS check catches that lie and rejects the transaction, the potential buyer committed a felony. So with a signed form that swears to a true statement, there is enough evidence to arrest, convict and incarcerate that person.

Now let's add in a quote from VP Biden when asked why these aren't prosecuted.... "Because we don't have time..."

So I ask you, if the government will not prosecute slam dunk cases to make us safer, why would you think that the government has good intentions for law abiding gun owners??

If you truly want to help make our society safer, I urge you to help change our revolving door prison system. In addition, please push the U.S. Attorney to enforce current laws, such as prosecution of convicted criminals found in possession of a firearm, please refer to 18 USC § 922 (g) & (n). I would venture a guess that if this one law was enforced and violent criminals were removed from society that crime INCLUDING gun crime would drop.

Or this one...Use or possession of firearm in relation to or furtherance of a drug felony or other federal crime of violence, 18 USC § 924 (c).

Or this....Knowingly transfer firearm to prohibited person, please refer to 18 USC § 922 (d), which the DOJ/ATF violated over 1500 times during Operation Fast and Furious.

How can law abiding citizens trust the government's stance on crime when it willingly provided guns to criminals and it was covered up?!?!

And btw, a prohibited person with 3 or more violent crime convictions, if found in possession of firearm is looking at FIFTEEN YEARS MINIMUM WITH NO PAROLE.

Larry,

"How is limiting the mag capacities on your guns and mine going to do anything but limit the number of rounds we can have vs. the number of rounds available to loons/criminals? How will doing that accomplish an end to/drop in gun crimes where "gun-free zones" and "weapons bans" have not? Just as crooks and loons have paid no attention whatsoever to either of the afore mentioned laws (or any OTHER gun laws for that matter), so shall they ignore any laws that place limits on ammo capacity. THEY will have mags with whatever capacity they want...just like they always have."

It would have no effect whatsoever. The only reason I throw that out there is – as an avid gun owner/collector – I see no real need for large(r) capacity magazines – and by that I mean drums, 100’s, etc. But the difference to me between 3x10 or a single 30 is simply more practice. Other than a parity issue I just don’t see it. Just my opinion.

"I would submit that limiting mag capacities is just another in long line of 'knee jerk' 'feel good' laws that will only serve to further infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens."

I completely agree it is “feel good” at best. At the worst, infringement.

"(3) bestow an automatic - no exceptions - death penalty onto anyone who kills someone with a gun or other deadly weapon while in the commission of crime "X"."

Also completely agree – far too many people doing the “right thing” in this world to put up with those who do not. Problematic to start throwing the switch any faster than we already do here in Texas (#1 by cumulative numbers).

Larry,

It would have no effect whatsoever. The only reason I throw that out there is – as an avid gun owner/collector – I see no real need for large(r) capacity magazines – and by that I mean drums, 100’s, etc. But the difference to me between 3x10 or a single 30 is simply more practice. Other than a parity issue I just don’t see it. Just my opinion.

"I would submit that limiting mag capacities is just another in long line of 'knee jerk' 'feel good' laws that will only serve to further infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens."

Spot-on!
If you are practiced, you could probably reload quickly and efficiently anyway! It's just another "feel good" ploy.

"All the time"? I heard only twice and he didn't like it..
totally wrong posture for skeet also, if you hadn't noticed.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
It would have no effect whatsoever. The only reason I throw that out there is – as an avid gun owner/collector – I see no real need for large(r) capacity magazines – and by that I mean drums, 100’s, etc. But the difference to me between 3x10 or a single 30 is simply more practice. ).

I don't personally see any need for 100 round drums/mags either Doug, but, that said, I don't want the govt telling any law abiding person he can't have 'em. TODAY it might be 100 round mags/drums...but, what might govt dictate tomorrow? Nothing in the 2nd Amend gives govt the authority to dictate to us how many rounds our "arms" may have, which arms we may have, how many arms we may have and so on. All things of that nature are I-N-F-R-I-N-G-E-M-E-N-T-S. My view is simply based on The Founders obvious intent as set forth in the constitution and the principles behind it - not on what any particular bureaucrat or agency may arbitrarily decide is a person's "need" one day down the road. (Could we all one day wake up and find out we've been limited to a single shot, bolt action .22 rifle?)

But, going back to the 30 rounds vs. 3x10 round mag thing: I assume your referring to ARs and the like in, say, a hunting/plinking scenario? I would argue that having one 30 round mag in the weapon and maybe 'packing' one 30 round mag 'spare' makes a whole lot more sense than having to carry around six "10s"! 'Waaaaaaaaay too many items to pack! Besides, I'd much rather have 20 additional rounds 'at the ready' were I ever in a situation were they were needed than to end up needing 'em and wishing I had 'em. In such a situation I'd also much prefer reloading once as opposed to reloading 5 times - practice or no practice. (E.g. Did you see "Deliverance"? :D )

I really do not believe that kind of thinking is out of line at all.

Where am I going wrong?

Last edited:
better than the photoshop photo of a few days ago showing both the before and after. First golf photo, then a superimposed shotgun, obviously fake.

That one is probably a real photo.

Larry,

Where am I going wrong?

You are not wrong in the least! Just a different way to look at it. I agree too, just one thing for them to start with and then where does it end?

Good response, thanks.

Doug

Keith

It's probably a photoshop anyway! :D

(I'm soooooo rotten!)

If it isn't, as TomP says, it's a lousy stance and a fake inasmuch as "lowbirds" are never that low and "rabbits" are never that high.

Somebody - what is the smoke apparently exiting the barrel a few inches from the end? A muzzle brake? :laugh:

Don't know Keith, but the shotty looks like a Browning Citori 725. About $2600.00
at your favorite gun show.

Keith

Don't know Keith, but the shotty looks like a Browning Citori 725. About $2600.00
at your favorite gun show.

Discount and cash back for the mentally impaired?

Food stamps?

C'mon Jack what deal can I cut for mail order "machine parts?"

Wink!
There is a great black market in food stamps BTW! 50% value for cash I have heard.
Some states have gone to a credit card system. It's broken in any case. I thought the
"machine parts" originated in China!

Keith

Interesting. Not seen that on a 12 gauge before. Is that a new idea? How is the gas exiting in that location without compromising the muzzle velocity?

Back