Isis jihadists 'seize Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons stockpile'

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Very well stated, Doc. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

'Wish I could fully - rather than mostly agree with it...but, there's that sticky lil' oil thingie...

We have plenty of oil right here, fuck them!

'Agree 100% there...if the fed govt would get off its BUTT, 'tell the "greenies" to go pound sand and allow full development our own energy capabilities (fat chance with Obama in the White House). But, it goes beyond that.

ISIS taking over Iraq (or you name the country/countries in the middle East) puts the world right back where it was pre-Saddam's fall/pre-2001 Afghanistan. Terrorists will have a 'safe haven' of sorts from which to hatch/launch their attacks 'round the world.

What should have happened was hitting ISIS from the air as they moved all their men and equipment toward Iraq from Syria...across FLAT land...in full view of recon satellites...but, despite requests for U.S. air strikes to do just that, Obama SAT ON HIS THUMBS and did n-o-t-h-i-n-g. Those pukes could have easily been obliterated at that time. NOW look where we are.

Eeeeeeh, screw it. I'm gunna go pour myself a Zaya...or two.

One question to add fuel to the fire (pun intended).
Why was the Department of Energy created?

Ans: To end the United States dependence on foriegn oil....go figure...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
One question to add fuel to the fire (pun intended).
Why was the Department of Energy created?

Ans: To end the United States dependence on foriegn oil....go figure...

Ya! 'Some JOKE that was/is, huh. And how many BILLIONS has that outfit cost us over the years?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Well, it's helped turn is into a soon to be net exporter of oil, and has hastened the development of a smart grid, and a grid powered by coal, nuke, hydro, wind and solar. Quite the failure. Not.

I fully agree with the sentiment that we stay the hell out of Iraq. This is a mess we cannot fix. The invasion did not work. The surge did not work. Just like in Vietnam you cannot force democracy on people who do not want it. You just....can't. Support the Kurds in the north and hope they build a stable democracy in part of the country. Let the Saudi backed Sunnis fight it out with the Iran backed Shiites and stay the hell out of that fight.

The WMDs? We've known for a long time that Saddam had rudimentary chemical weapons (mustard gas and others). What ISIS found is no surprise and doesn't change the sad fact that all of our leaders were wrong in justifying the invasion over nuclear and advanced chemical weapons that Saddam could use against other nations in the region.

Back