It has arrived!!

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Royal Blue! really nice color for this car. I was reading in the GT40 book that we have about where all the originals have gone and their history, seems like they all got repainted every time they got a new owner. wonder why that is?
Cliff I grew up in North Bend, did my best race car impressions there. tore it up on more than one occasion :)
Czan! I put pics in my first thread, SPF numbers. I did put a video link in this one. its raining here. will take my own pics when the sun comes out.

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Thanks David and Jack, now that its here, its even prettier in person. and so so wicked...You guys were right on when you talked about the attention they get. people asking to sit in it even.

Recommended for two people, but can be done carefully with one...
Undo latches on each side.
Undo Dzus clips on front cover.
Disconnect both plugs on wiring loom that go to headlights, etal.
At least lift up the windshield wiper vertical, but recommended to take it off at the firewall.
Lift up on rear of clip so it clears the flip up fuel covers.

(insert here)
Paul gave me this tip...go to the front edge of the nose where it fits over the radiator and place your hand under nose and next to the radiator top and lift. The nose will pop free of any tight fits around the front of the nose. Then you can remove the nose much easier. Make sure you got a place to sit the nose down where it will be out of your way. A reverse of this little lift will also make it easier to place the nose back on the car.
Grady

The hinged cover over the A/C and stuff that you undid the Dzus fasteners on MUST be UP while you do all this! (I added a NASCAR style hinged prop to aid me when I do it myself)
Move clip forward and raise up over the tires as you move forward.
Watch as guides on each side clear the 'spools' that are mounted on the chassis.
You should have it off by now... or did I forget something?

Back