J6 25K Mile Service

Nice pics Jim.

Many thanks for posting the pictures of the clutch and wiper motor.
Its interesting to see the wiper motor is the same as on the MKIIs, but the mounting, shaft length, and lack of drive cable are all different.

What does it say on the calipers ?
They look like 2 pot jobs - I thought the mkIV had the 4 pot Kelsey hayes ones as used on the later mkIs ?

Also very intetresting to see the amount of offset on the rear uprights when compared to mkI uprights.

Can I be cheeky and ask for some closeup pics of the dash and fuse box :)

All the best.
John.

John W said:
Nice pics Jim.

Many thanks for posting the pictures of the clutch and wiper motor.
Its interesting to see the wiper motor is the same as on the MKIIs, but the mounting, shaft length, and lack of drive cable are all different.

What does it say on the calipers ?
They look like 2 pot jobs - I thought the mkIV had the 4 pot Kelsey hayes ones as used on the later mkIs ?

Also very intetresting to see the amount of offset on the rear uprights when compared to mkI uprights.

Can I be cheeky and ask for some closeup pics of the dash and fuse box :)

All the best.
John.

Will snap some next time I'm at the shop. The brakes a KH.

Best

Thanks Jim, I thought the caliper looked like a KH, just it looks like a 2 pot job.

Does your wiper motor park, or do you have to be a dab-hand at flicking the switch at just the right time ?? ;)
Just wondered as my motor has no self parking mechanism.

Haven't seen any posts on P4/5 for a while. I guess your too busy out driving it :p
Cheers,
John.

John W said:
Thanks Jim, I thought the caliper looked like a KH, just it looks like a 2 pot job.

Does your wiper motor park, or do you have to be a dab-hand at flicking the switch at just the right time ?? ;)
Just wondered as my motor has no self parking mechanism.

Haven't seen any posts on P4/5 for a while. I guess your too busy out driving it :p
Cheers,
John.

Hi

No the wiper switch has a park position that is spring loaded that lets you park it.

Just turned 2K miles in P 4/5.

She may be at the FOS this Summer.

Best

Best

Hi Jim
I like to meet you at FoS if you come. Our Club has a stand the "GT40 Enthusiasts club" and your most welcome to come visit.
Please could you let me know. Please PM me.
Regards Allan

Going together.

Attachments

• IMG_0634 2.jpg
    IMG_0634 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 563
Sal mixes up a batch of secret Silcilian stuff and does it by hand. Every 10 years we give her a clean. Here's the gear box.

Attachments

• 3333.jpg
    3333.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 539
A few more including AC system. As current Le Mans Coupe Regulations require AC we put one in, in case I decide to go back there...

Attachments

• IMG_0628 2.jpg
    IMG_0628 2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0632_edited-1 2.jpg
    IMG_0632_edited-1 2.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 522
  • 222222 X.jpg
    222222 X.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_0631 2.jpg
    IMG_0631 2.jpg