Jaguar XJ13 Replicas...

The real XJ13 is on show at the Jaguar museum in Coventry or it was back in September. The linage with the C/D types is very apparent. It is a fabulous looking car and a great pity it was not produced in mass. On that day there was a F1 car sitting in the car park,probably a show car. Regards

You have to see an XJR-15 in person, to believe how beautiful they really are. Small, sleek, graceful, etc.
They seem to be doing 200MPH, while parked.
Ultimas certainly have a niche in the replica market, and have great performance for the money, but pale by comparison. They have kind of an awkward appearance.
XJ220s are way cool but much larger.
XJ13s are beautiful cars, but a bit too nostalgic looking
for my tastes. They are THE coolest "nostalgia" car, second only to you know what(GT40s)!
Just my personal opinions.

Bill

I think both the XJR-15 and the XJ-220 are beautiful cars. A while back there was some stir about someone producing an XJR-15 replica. However, I don’t believe it was more than serious thought at the time, and I haven’t looked into it since. I happened to be instantly attracted to the XJ13 when I saw it, and had to have one! Same thing happened with the GT40 for me, but one thing at a time. If everyone liked the same car, well . . . then things might get a bit boring.

Forum member Denis Bedford has an incomplete replica XJ-220 for sale (body on frame with engine, etc.) His web site is www.copycatcars.com .

The 15 is beautiful but supposed to be a real pig to drive (so I've heard) I have a very interesting story about a 15 but will wait to tell it until I get the ok to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, not to be blunt but we folks in the South are usually like that. If you're going to be offering XJ13 kits you need to have that transaxle all sorted out before I pony my cash up. At any rate, the link I found for XJS conversions can easily be found on Google and is:

http://www.5speeds.com

And

http://www.5speeds.com/v12kit.html

and

http://www.5speeds.com/v12bell.html

Certainly this piece could be adapted to mate with a transaxle, the hard part is done. Seems I remember, but don't know, that Jaguar used turbo 400s in the auto cars, so there are plently of conversions for these around. Should be a fairly easy thing.

So, when you making kits available?

R

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
Ron I can arrange adaptorplate and flywheel for Jag V12 to porchse G50 or G52 but I think you find that Kennedy Engineered Products near LA will make these for you or contact the www.sportscarfactory.com they will have them in about 8 weeks when they start making the XJ13 replicas Regards Denis

Ron,
Ditto to what Denis wrote. I am always interested in hearing about off-the-shelf and ready to go product as an alternative to fabricating the needed parts.

Thanks for the links(s).

Rich

Ron Earp

Admin
Mike D, thanks for sending that Kit Car magazine with the Proteus XJ13. Really nice car, definitely thinking about one of these things. However, Proteus is really, really, really expensive and I just don't see it.

Chassis is not that different from a GT40, using lots of Jaguar donor bits that can be had from a number of online jag sources (I checked) the car should be so expensive, even if it is aluminum.

Thanks much for the article, if the magazine is defunct I could post those for everyone.

R

Welcome Ron.
I'm not sure if Kit Car is still published in the UK.
They used to have a website but I haven't looked in a while.

MikeD

Yet another Kiwi creation ( TEMPERO- Oamaru, South Island, New Zealand ). I often stopped at Temperos workshop and looked at this car at various stages in its construction, never seemed to matter what time of the day/night, there was always somebody working- these guys could build just about anything you wanted- D-types-Bugattis-Cobras- etc etc, huge big blackboard on the wall & Earl would draw in chalk until he was satisfied with profiles , cut wooden formers/bucks, then start working the aluminum. Magic Stuff!!!

Website address in post #14 on this thread

Jac Mac

Last edited:
I was in Fran's shop in Mid-December 2007, and he noted that he is doing the chassis and other stuff for the Sports Car Store.

Suggest you contact Fran at RCR.

Best
Dom

Back