Jim Craik sounds like a jerk!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Hi guys,

It's mia culpa time.

I am fairly new to this Internet, web site thing. this is the only web site I have ever interacted with. Up until recently I have enjoyed it very much.

I am in real estate, but my wife (the smartest person I have ever met) has been in high tech for years and has a good understanding of how things work.

She told me never to get into discussions about politics or religion because you'll never change anyone's views and you'll just end up rolling around in the mud.

As usual she is right. I have let my passion for what I feel is right or wrong lead me to act in a way that I should not.

I have gone back and read some of my recent posts and boy do I sound like a jerk. There is something about being alone with a keyboard that makes it seem ok to say things in a way I would never do to someones face and I am sorry.

Additionally logging in to this wonderful website was always a great joy but lately it just seems to make me angry.

So as of now I will limit my interaction here to my other passion GT40's, and if I ever chose to enter into other types of conversation I will try very hard to make my comments civil!

So once again I'm sorry for most of my strongly worded comments and will refrain in the future.

Now I will go wash off this mud.

Jim Craik

"In the dime stores and bus stations,
people talk of situation,
read books repeat quotations,
draw conclusions on the wall"........

Last edited:
I understand.......It must be frustrating trying to defend our current liberty sucking administration.......hehehe...( Sorry but I had to do it:D)

Hi guys,

It's mia culpa time.

I have gone back and read some of my recent posts and boy do I sound like a jerk. and will refrain in the future.

"........

I am offended by this post. Please tell the misses to do the posting next time,,,we don't want your "types" around here:)

Jim,
We’re all guilty of the same thing to some degree. Something about sitting in front of a keyboard rather than standing face-to-face. I don’t think it is necessarily intentional, just part of our psyche.
More than nearly any other confrontation, on-line interactions tend to escalate.
I’m glad someone stepped forward to bring some sanity to the situation. Obviously you and I, and any number of other people completely disagree on political matters. Your wife is a wise woman, there is little chance of you changing my mind, or me changing yours.
It was getting to the point that I was dreading meeting you at any GT40/Supreformance gatherings because I thought it might not be a pleasant experience for either of us. You’ve changed my mind, and if I ever get around to putting the danged thing together, we can share a drink (perhaps an Obama COOL AID ) KIDDING!!
Til then, take care, Ron

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, I enjoy your post's, obviously I don't agree with all you say, but I do enjoy the cut and thrust of different view points. I think as long as we remain gentlemen and don't resort to name calling, (a sure sign of losing the argument) all discussion is worthwhile.
You are far from a jerk. Stay well.:thumbsup:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Good thread. Glad to see that the love of cars trumps poiltical differences, as it should.

Ditto on that...

For the record - I've been around forums since the early-mid 80's when they were all on BBS (Bulletin Board Systems) and I **still** don't know how to stay out of some philisophical threads such as religion or politics..

Frankly - I'm concerned about where we're headed as a country, both politically and religiously - but as Jeff so eloquently stated above, my love for cars trumps all those other differences..

Now - let's all have a virtual beer together! :thumbsup:

:chug:

Jim, don't fret. While there may be some lashes here and there, this is an amazingly intelligent, sophisticated, and tolerant group far outside the realm of normal gear head stuff you would expect here. There's an extremely wide spectrum of perspectives here. Overall, however, it's probably a little more right leaning that left...but that's not surprising as there aren't any women here (not one) and lots of the fellas here are very independent thinkers who don't like much in the way of gov't regulation. After all, a guy that can build his own race car from scratch in his shed isn't your average NYC metrosexual hipster democrat.

A couple of times in various paddock debates I've felt like the gay guy that just walked into the biker bar wearing hot pants and the juke box record skreetches to a halt. In some ways I'm pretty "liberal" but not in others....maybe it's just part of being on the west coast and in "liberal" Seattle. In any case, don't fret.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Jim, I am a moderator on another forum and we have run into trouble time and again with threads involving political issues, even in an area of our forum that was supposedly nonrestricted. We ended up having to kick people off the forum, etc, resulting in a lot of hard feelings, but thankfully things have calmed down.

However, there is one thing we did NOT run into, and that was any person who was decent enough to do what you've done, which was publicly offer apologies for something that they said. So, good for you. Ron must be doing a better job than we are, because there is a level of civility on this forum that we have not been able to achieve on ours. We'll have to work at it a little harder.

I totally agree that this is a remarkably intelligent and tolerant forum. Your apology Jim is a prime example of why this is a good one. One of the great things about a shared passion is that it can overcome so many of the differences in life like politics and age and nationality and even sex........

....but that's not surprising as there aren't any women here (not one)

Hello! :curtain:

Keith

I totally agree that this is a remarkably intelligent and tolerant forum. Your apology Jim is a prime example of why this is a good one. One of the great things about a shared passion is that it can overcome so many of the differences in life like politics and age and nationality and even sex........

Hello! :curtain:

Peek a Boo!

I can see you.... :)

I think I can say on behalf of all of us that there is a lesson to be taken from this thread. And the lesson is: Cliff ! Stop wearing those hotpants ! :laugh:

Cam
Auckland, NZ

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I've met Cliff. He's a good guy but believe me, you don't want that visual! :) Jim, I subscribe to the theory that everyone on the intersmut is a jerk. I'm OK with that! :pepper:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Hey, I have a wonderful idea.

Let's all pool our money and buy an island, build a racetrack, and climate controlled storage building for all our cars.

Sound good?

Awesome.

I'll start the fund with all my money!

We'll keep tabs on it here.

Starting fund:
$5.00

Whos' next?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks guys,

I feel confident that with eloquent people such as Cliff, Jeff, Chris P, Spyder Mike, our Sheik, my friend Doug and others, the good fight is in good hands.

Some people can say things in a way that makes a point without irritating people, unfortunately I am not one of them.

When it comes to being eloquent, its hard to beat my favorite poet, Mr Zimmerman

"My love she speaks like silence
Without ideals or violence
She doesn't have to say she's faithful
Yet she's true like ice like fire

People carry roses
And make promises by the hour
My love she laughs like the flowers
Valentines cant buy her

Statues made of matchsticks
Crumble into one another
My love winks she does not bother
She knows too much to argue or to judge