Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
IMG_7032.jpeg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

After I retired, my Mrs made fun of me when I started losing track of what day it was and I told her that, once SHE retired, at some point she would start losing track of exactly what day it was too...AND, SHO NUFF, SHE DID!

IMPO, amazingly soon after one retires, all days become much the same for those of us with no schedule to follow. Some us will admit it. Others will not. ;-)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so
I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.
My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing,
and I said, "Nothing."
The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?"
At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.
Finally I pondered an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?
Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question.
Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion:
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
But you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
I rest my case.
Time for another beer. Then maybe a nap.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
dun no about you guys but that DPF warning light gives me the shits--- and any other POS warning light that comes on in modern cars
--especially whenst on a loverly cruise somewhere - you have to stop and read the in car manual to find out what the dash symbol actually means - only to find out that it isn't life threatening and proceed as till next service ........
what's wrong with " cold - normal - hot " gauges -- self explanatory aaand logical
Rant over, but similarly to old age "feelings " perhaps :)

dun no about you guys but that DPF warning light gives me the shits--- and any other POS warning light that comes on in modern cars
--especially whenst on a loverly cruise somewhere - you have to stop and read the in car manual to find out what the dash symbol actually means - only to find out that it isn't life threatening and proceed as till next service ........
what's wrong with " cold - normal - hot " gauges -- self explanatory aaand logical
Rant over, but similarly to old age "feelings " perhaps :)
An oldie but still my favourite :)

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 94
Back