Just ordered SL-C

Hey;

Just struck a deal with Fran and placed the order for an SL-C. Late in '08, I was putting the final paperwork together on getting an Ultima order when Paul Champlain mentioned the SLC. It's an amazing blend, Hot Rod meets Enzo! After 2 visits to Detroit and 200-300 emails and phone calls, finally bite the bullet.

With this stellar economy, i've gotta go low budget with the LS376 and a G50. My grand vision of LS7 with Ricardo followed the Dow Jones, to a 50% reduction in cost.

I've gotta say this will be my first build and I'm a little nervous. i haven't really messed with cars since my '68 and '70 Mustangs. i think i Carter was in the White House back then.

It's been a great help stalking Mesa's and Howard Jones build logs and various SLC threads. I think you guys are pros. Without these threads, i'd have probably been back to a GTR due to 20 years of those threads. But realized with 20 year old threads you get a 20 year old car.

I hope if i get stuck I can pitch a few questiosn the way of the community. From what I've seen, theres a blogger with expertise in all areas.

Now i just gotta bite my fingernails for 4 months waiting. That'll give me time to throw out all my wifes stuff out in the garage! OK, i have some junk too...

Congrats!

I too considered the Ultima. But I think of the SLC as sort of an Ultima Mark II- where the Ultima would have been if Ted and the boys had freshened the chassis and body (and suspension, and interior, etc)..

But they didn't, and we have a real American alternative that is lighter, and more advanced in almost every way.

I really like mine so far. But it is less of an insert-tab-A-into-slot-B than the Ultima, so be prepared for that.

-Will

From the dropplets on the dash in the video, looks like the "billet cup holders" need to be redesigned Fran...:D

or was that drool?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Cam!

Congratulations on your order....

Now you've got plenty of time to start accumulating parts and "brownie points with the missus" before the other-woman arrives! :)

2 visits to Detroit & 200/300 emails & phone calls!!!! Now thats what I call a rushed decision, Sure you dont want to reconsider??:)

Congrats!
I ordered mine about a month ago and have been chewing on my nails since then...three months to go.

Cam,

Welcome!! I'll be seeing mine soon.....the anticipation is killing me! What color and options did you go with?

Best,

Doc Kaler

Doc, thanks for allthe help in the decision process. i went with yellow and got Frans help on fitting the body panels and gas struts. I cut the lift kit last minute, might have to retrofit to get it over the cattle guard around here! Otherwise a pretty stripped SLC. I'd like to stop by when you get yours. I go to Longview alot so Lone Oak isn't too far off i20.

Cam,

From Dallas, easier to go I 30 to Greenville, then south to Lone Oak. Everyone will know when mine arrives!! I may retro the lift kit as well. But I'm used to low-slung vehicles....

Doc

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Ah, another Texas guy with an SL-C. Very nice. Welcome to the club man. Can't way to see the build progress when you get the car. I may have t make a little trip that way to check it out too. I'm in Brownwood, so Dallas is about 3 hours from here. Not too far to drive for a nice peek at a dream car. Congrats man and welcome to the club!!

Laters,

Brian

Brian, sure i should have the SLC end of sumer. Any time you're in Dallas, stop on by. i could use any advice you've got. i really don't want to make this a front engine car by mistake!

Back