Le Mans Classic 2008 11-12-13th July 2008

Hi Roy,
As you probably have guessed, I will be there, avec the blue left hooker!
Got to give Ian a reason to get his M3 to the continent again!
Cheers
Paul

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I did fill in & return the form that was sent out with the club magazine a while ago, but in case this info has been lost (and to add to the conversation), yes I will be there (3rd time for me too).

Not sure at present whether it will be just the car, me + 1 other, or more.

Hopefully after another winter of upgrades etc I will not experience problems this time...

Roy,

Count me in.

If it half as good as the last one it will be fantastic – thanks for all the work you have put in.

John

Hi Guys,
judging by the response already and members who have phoned and mailed me, I reckon we will have a record attendance this year, just remember to get your entry forms back to me quickly, they will be going out with the next magazine in a couple of weeks.
looking forward to seeing everone at the BBQ
Roy

I filled the form in earlier in the year and I'm definitely going to be in attendance.
My MDA MkI 1075 replica is in paint at the moment and should be SVA'd and ready to roll by Christmas.
I cant wait!

roy

As per our quick conversation last week at the NEC would it be possible to set up a group for GT40 enthusiasts club members who do not have GT40's but would like to drive their classic supercars on the track as part of the parade/exhibition lap?

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

regards

dick

Dick
I asked the same when I filled in the form which came out with the magazine a few months ago, but understand that the Committee have decided not to do this for non GT40's.

I do respect the reasoning behind this, as I understand that they want to protect the integrity of the club and not risk being labeled a 'multimark club ' which might rresult in losing their prime display area in the centre of activity as per 2006 , and instead, being allocated a display area up in the woods as per 2004.

So, I'm intending to try various ways to organise something myself, both to get tickets to park inside the track somewhere, and to get track time.

This could be by contacting the organisers direct ( completely independant from the GT40EC ) and seeing what they have to offer, and I'll be seeing if I can get a group together via both the Noble Owners club and if that fails, I'm hoping to be able to get a ticket through another large car owners club who always have a major presence at the Classic.

Chris
Speak to Ken Dean, he has spoken to one of the Travel agents organising trips to the classic and can offer track time.
Should take the heat off Roy a bit, would be great if you can take this onboard for members who do not have 40's
But I can't remember a Noble ever racing there ??
Regards
Ian

Chris
Speak to Ken Dean, he has spoken to one of the Travel agents organising trips to the classic and can offer track time.
Should take the heat off Roy a bit, would be great if you can take this onboard for members who do not have 40's
But I can't remember a Noble ever racing there ??
Regards
Ian

Thanks for the advice Ian. I'll give Ken a ring.
When we were out on the track in 2006 and 2004, there seemed to be lots of cars out there on the track either with no association, or with tenuous links! I suppose you could argue that an RS4 is an Audi - and Audi have raced there, but thats not really in the spirit is it??
And then there was the TVR ---- !

I'm hoping that they will take anyones money - even a Noble owner!

hi chris
i'm dick townsends neighbour i went to the classic le mans 2006 with my mk11 ultima but i drove charles heard gt40 on the track but i would be very interested to get track time in the ultima could you let me know if you have found a way of getting track time for a non gt40 i am a member of the Eclub
regards mike

re: Track time for non GT40's

I have followed this up with the Le Mans Classic organisers and they have now confirmed that there is a very strict list of cars that they will allow to take part in the track lap sessions.
You can find the list at

Le Mans Classic 2008

My Noble M12 isn't on the list, and they are adamant that there will be no exceptions, so I won't be pursuing this further.

Last edited:
Yes, GT40 is not on the LMC list of the Happy few. Maybe they mean that the Ford GT40 as a concept was born before 1966.
Anyway, Jan and I will be there, as usual ! And then. Ian, I can accept your offer and drink your beer !

--------
The last KVA made, delivered after KVA folded, no chassis number, no receipt, but symmetrical chassis. 302 with R21t. White and Orange.

Doreen and I are want in attending this event in 2010, I would like to see if any other US drivers would like to go.
We may be able to get a package deal on shipping our cars.
Let me know if anyone is interested.
Are colonials welcome?
Dave

Hi david,
it would be really good to see some of you guys from across the pond, this is a fantastic meeting-too good to miss! Any of you guys coming over in July?
Ive already received entry forms for 50 members, so if any members haven't sent your entry forms in yet you need to respond asap-track time is 1st come-1st served so I need to get the Club paperwork in early to ensure we dont miss out.
see you there!

Back