Le Mans Classic 2012

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Posting this here as perhaps some have not been following the thread in the Enthusiasts Club section please read this thread.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-enthusiasts-club/36309-classic-le-mans-track-time-last-call.html

Last post today is a timely reminder to get registered if you are going and want to take part in the track session

To quote my post logged today

Hello everyone

I have just been speaking with the committee about this and numbers are a lot lower than those signed up at the same time 2 years ago.

So where are we?

If we do not get a number of cars suitable to the LMC organisers they will tell us to take a hike and sell the half hour slot on to some other club - perhaps the Porsche, Jaguars or whoever.

So if you are thinking I'll send my application form in some time in March we will have lost the ability to get our cars on track.

I have also been led to believe that we have had very few "continental" GT40 cars register for the half hour session - I know from 2 years back we had Germans, Belgians, Dutch and French cars register - this year they seem to be staying away. (Is this true or are they just not wanting to come out to play?)

So as the prior organiser (for 2010) who was asked to assist come on guys pull your finger out, get registered with the club and pay the fees.

Last chance people

Ian

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
:idea2:

Since shipping my car over from the states is not practical at this time, maybe one of you blokes that live within driving distance would allow me to borrow your car for the weekend and take some laps on this course? What a fantastic opportunity. I'm amazed this event is not sold out months ahead of time.

I'm not sure anyone will get the chance to lend you their GT40, but you might well get a ride as a passenger. Remember everyone, Gautier, the French organiser, told me at our NEC meeting, that this year, no helmets are required, even though it's still a flat out sprint for half an hour or so.. Andrew

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Fred

Sure is. Time to get your ticket booked and bearings back in the car after you broke them two years ago

Ian

Got it ! Broke engine part but had the time of my life...felt like Jacky Ickx.
Note: My car was at the Autoworld Salon in Brussels lately for the Gentlemen Drivers event.It was an event to comemorating all the Belgian Gentlemen drivers over the last 50 years. Jacky Ickx was there too and I discussed with him and took a picture in front of my car. I apologized my car has N° 9 (1968 Le Mans Number of Bianchi).He replied to me; no harm, its the same number but wrongly placed ....N°6..... Amazing reply isnt it ?....

Looking forward

Tx
Fred

Back