London Riots

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Uh, that's kinda what NAFTA did, at least for the source of the biggest stream of immigrants.

Plus, I thought all you Archie Bunker types were free traders right? So why have laws that distort the labor (you call them immigration laws) markets?

I'm looking at it in a strictly defensive position. But, yeah, what liberal wants to even the playing field? Would like a piece of land on the Baja Coast, though.

On August 17, 1937, Republican Senate Minority Leader Charles McNary led the opposition against Klu Klux Klan member Hugo Black. Hugo Black was selected for the Supreme Court by Democrat President Franklin Roosevelt. Black was confirmed by the Democrat-controlled Senate and served on the Supreme Court for 34 years.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Uh, wot?

I thought I explained to you how the parties' approach to the great Southern racist hordes changed in the sixties and seventies.

You continue to get an F in history!

On August 17, 1937, Republican Senate Minority Leader Charles McNary led the opposition against Klu Klux Klan member Hugo Black. Hugo Black was selected for the Supreme Court by Democrat President Franklin Roosevelt. Black was confirmed by the Democrat-controlled Senate and served on the Supreme Court for 34 years.

Uh, wot?

I thought I explained to you how the parties' approach to the great Southern racist hordes changed in the sixties and seventies.

You continue to get an F in history!

Roosevelt, buddy, Roosevelt. You know, the father of American collectivism. He did whatever he wanted, especially with the Supreme Court. I guess, in your eyes, Roosevelt would have been a Republican if he were alive today. Hah.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
One of the many things you can criticize Roosevelt for is that he refused to challenge Jim Crow Democrats in the South because he needed their vote (or claimed to).

Of course, that is exactly the group of voters the Republican party sold its soul to in the 70s with the Southern Strategy.

One of the many things you can criticize Roosevelt for is that he refused to challenge Jim Crow Democrats in the South because he needed their vote (or claimed to).

Of course, that is exactly the group of voters the Republican party sold its soul to in the 70s with the Southern Strategy.

The Southerners of the Thirties, are quite a bit worse than those of the Seventies. You are offending a huge number of good Americans with your statements.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I grew up in the South in the 70s. And 80s. And lived here ever since.

A bunch of them were still racist then, and a smaller percentage now. Now, the hate is mostly directed at "the gays" or "illegals" or whatever their interpretation of the Bible tells them to dislike.

And the Republican party welcomed them with open arms.....YAY

Where have you gone Nelson Rockefeller, or hell, even Barry Goldwater? Dude would be viewed as a crazy liberal these days.

The Southerners of the Thirties, are quite a bit worse than those of the Seventies. You are offending a huge number of good Americans with your statements.

A bunch of them were still racist then, and a smaller percentage now. Now, the hate is mostly directed at "the gays" or "illegals" or whatever their interpretation of the Bible tells them to dislike.

Where have you gone Nelson Rockefeller, or hell, even Barry Goldwater? Dude would be viewed as a crazy liberal these days.

They don't call them Rockefeller Repulicans for nothing. He's all yours. Barry Goldwater is the greatest missed opportunity of the Twentieth Century.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Yes, that term meant "reasonable Republican" who didn't give two shits about what happened in the bedroom, and just wanted to straighten out the finances.

You mean the Barry Goldwater who is pro gay marriage, gasp, believes in offing 52 million unborn children?? Surely you jest.

They don't call them Rockefeller Repulicans for nothing. He's all yours. Barry Goldwater is the greatest missed opportunity of the Twentieth Century.

Gay marriage, who cares? I bet the divorce rate in gay marriages is lower than hetrosexual marriages. And if abortion was used for the unborn of rape, incest, and health reasons, I don't like it but I do believe in special cases it's ok.

Yes, that term meant "reasonable Republican" who didn't give two shits about what happened in the bedroom, and just wanted to straighten out the finances.

You mean the Barry Goldwater who is pro gay marriage, gasp, believes in offing 52 million unborn children?? Surely you jest.

If you want to define a man in his waning years, you may have a point. But, in his prime, he said, "it is impossible to maintain freedom and order and justice without religious and moral sanctions."

Reasonable Republicans are now called RINOs. We don't want them, take 'em their yours anyway.

To a Liberal, compromise means giving in to Liberals. You've forgotten the massive refusal of the Left to compromise with Bush. You whine about how disrespectful we are to B.O., and forget about the insult upon insult showered upon Bush.

I'm no fan of Bush, and I'm not happy with the Republican Party. They haven't given me what I want for thirty years.

Last edited:

Jeff Im curious, whats your take on pedophiles.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Quite pleased to report the Caarneeval only resulted on one serious stabbing, 100+ arrests and that is out of an estimated 1million people. Maybe the heavy police presence and all the pre carneevaal arrests might have worked after all.

Quite pleased to report the Caarneeval only resulted on one serious stabbing, 100+ arrests and that is out of an estimated 1million people. Maybe the heavy police presence and all the pre carneevaal arrests might have worked after all.

Thanks for confirming here what the BBC said this morning.

Keith

David makes an interesting point. I believe but for the 'pre-emptive strike' of swift and hard justice following the riots, perhaps things may have turned out differently.

For once, our judiciary functioned as it should, as a Deterrent. These bastards have got away with it far too long because of Political Correctness and pinko judges so far removed from reality that it beggars belief. I say that from experience, as I regularly take refreshment with two gentlemen of the Silk (something that just doesn't happen anywhere else) and not only are they perfect gentlemen of huge intellect, but they are just plain naive. Both are in their '70's and live isolated marshmallow lives far from the harsh realities of modern life.

The problem is (in their own words)that they deliberately set out to not only uphold the law as they see it, but to right perceived wrongs in the criminal justice system, which is fine to a point, but it results in far too wishy washy and inconsistent sentencing, and many judgements thrown out or reduced sentencing on appeal.

What we saw post 'riot' is the swift firm and sure hand of the People's Justice at work, at the hand of Lay Magistrates, who unbelievably have now been seriously criticised by the head of the UK Prison Service for a "feeding frenzy of Justice". Lay Magistrates are everyday unpaid citizens who mostly have a lot of experience in everyday life.

Why doesn't he just go and clean up the shite in his own back yard, confiscate the drugs and mobile phones, take away the TV sets and 'counselling' services and punish the offender properly?

So, here we've got a double headed termite nibbling away at the roots of crime & punishment undermining the cornerstone of democracy. No wonder there is no Fear of the Law anymore in the UK.

I haven't used the word 'Liberal' anywhere in this post so no-one has anything to fight over, and I didn't form anybody elses opinion other than my own, which is mine by birthright, although as a 'subject' I have no rights, only what I fight for.

So, bollocks to everyone who disagrees in advance :)

PS You have a point Mr Domtoni, but there are enough 'proper' laws to cover every eventuality in the UK. Citizens have been extremely critical of the Police for very good reasons. Not the average Bobby, but the bloody Chief Constables who make the policy.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Now hear this:

£34 ,000,000 is the policing costs for the riots for the Metropolitan Police alone. Then there are all the other forces outside the Met that lent a hand. Next bill to be published is for the Caarneeval. Your estimated answers on a post card please.......
Bear in mid there were 6,500 on duty on the streets of Notting Hill, and a similar amount in reserve sitting in vans on the old Hatfield aerodrome.

Now hear this:

£34 ,000,000 is the policing costs for the riots for the Metropolitan Police alone. Then there are all the other forces outside the Met that lent a hand. Next bill to be published is for the Caarneeval. Your estimated answers on a post card please.......
Bear in mid there were 6,500 on duty on the streets of Notting Hill, and a similar amount in reserve sitting in vans on the old Hatfield aerodrome.

Fuck-adoodle-doo.... all that money for a few thousand people to "express" themselves...

I'd rather have a wank. I'td be more fun and a lot less stressful. I could even open a bottle of Barolo afterwards.

But seriously - haven't we got even close to being past having to "connect"with our heritage in some way. You don't see us invading the Jocks again (apologies to JimmyMac and other Scots contributors, 'tis merely a colloquiallism)...

Christ! the closest we ever get to some show of nationalism :uneasy: is to occasionally toast the Queen....

Utter bollocks! Harrumph!

Back