Looks like ya'll are now stuck w/ me even longer

Oh well, looks like ya'll are going to be stuck with all my newbie questions and comments even longer - I got banned from the cobra forum because a core clique kept complaining to moderators to ban me over my posts(it's not too hard to guess who these individuals are, when these same people feel the need to take time from their day to PM me messages like 'You're too young and have too much money; sell the cobra and find another hobby' (like WTF?).

So fair warning; my posting style can be brash and abrasive at times, so if you take the internets as super serious business and have no skin, or you've become butt-hurt by some of my posts on here already (and I'm still 8-12weeks away from actually building, heh), I highly suggest you be a man and either PM me or put me on ignore, as opposed to going to Fran and going 'wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'.

That being said, I <3 my RCR brothers; hopefully ya'll feel the same about me (....if not, see paragraph 2 for directions :laugh: )

Ron Earp

Admin
So fair warning; my posting style can be brash and abrasive at times, so if you take the internets as super serious business and have no skin, or you've become butt-hurt by some of my posts on here already (and I'm still 8-12weeks away from actually building, heh), I highly suggest you be a man and either PM me or put me on ignore, as opposed to going to Fran and going 'wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'.

That being said, I <3 my RCR brothers; hopefully ya'll feel the same about me (....if not, see paragraph 2 for directions :laugh: )

I don't know anything about your posts on the Cobra forums. However, I'll direct you to the forum rules of this board:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/introduce-yourself-here/27555-rules-gt40s-com.html

And would like to point out Rule 1:
1.Enjoy The Forum: GT40s.com is a web forum for the hobbyist. A place to stop in and relax. Keep threads on topic. Please respect your fellow members and don’t write something that you wouldn’t say face to face to them in my living room. Notice it is written “my living room” because you are not on your own forum. If your comments are deemed inappropriate you’ll find yourself suspended for a short while. In short, don’t berate, belittle, or ridicule your fellow forum member. Offenders will find themselves banned.
The forum abides by the rules of GT40s.com and the only area of the forum that is "free" is the paddock, and even there polite discourse is recommended. If you should feel that these rules are too confining for you please feel free to email or PM me.

Thanks,
Ron

It's difficult to believe that with nearly 6000 posts and ownership of one of their cars that you are now banned from their Forum?

Nonetheless, I wish you continued enjoyment of this Forum.

It should count if I have 2500+ rpms extra and make more power under the curve :burnout:

btw, Paul also earns my vote for getting banned :tongue3:

Alex, as you mature in life I think you'll find that "being a man" is more about being aware and considerate of the rules and reasonable expectations of the situation you're in than it is rubbing others the wrong way and expecting them to tolerate your antics.

Just keep it collegial and polite and you'll probably not suffer the same plight as on the cobra forum. Looking forward to your insightful and engaging comments/posts.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Well, here we go again ! At least this guy is not sneaking up on us like Meat & Co - he's telling us right up front that he is a totally juvenile little wanker !!

The chances are that he is some 14 yo twerp who is so disfunctional that he has to get his kicks pretending that he has a Cobra & an SLC, and annoying adults, rather than paying attention to 13 yo girls.

The greatest contribution that he could make to this Forum is instruct us in the use of the "ignore" function that he mentions !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Keith

Well, here we go again ! At least this guy is not sneaking up on us like Meat & Co - he's telling us right up front that he is a totally juvenile little wanker !!

The chances are that he is some 14 yo twerp who is so disfunctional that he has to get his kicks pretending that he has a Cobra & an SLC, and annoying adults, rather than paying attention to 13 yo girls.

The greatest contribution that he could make to this Forum is instruct us in the use of the "ignore" function that he mentions !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

:laugh:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Alex is a real person -

Has a Factory Five Roadster - and an SLC on order through RCR.

I'll leave the 13 year old girl comment alone... :lipsrsealed:

Alex brings with him a different perspective from many.

Young - Yes
Brash & Full of wiz and vinegar - Yes

but

He's also managed to school himself in the ability to construct a car (FFR) on his own with some help via the forum brotherhood.

To my knowledge - prior to building his FFR, he scarcely had any tools nor the knowledge of how to use them.. He's come a very long ways..

Alex can be a valuable asset to this community - if he lets himself be..

I, for one, hope he choses to be an asset... :thumbsup:

Gentelmen,
We are all young...at least between the ears. Alex welcome to the forum and enjoy the experience and youthful delight that all of these guys feel for cars. If you are a gear-head this is the place to hang out.
Garry

stay, leave, contribute or not, it makes no difference to me. However, remember that you conform to the forum, the forum does not conform to you.

Alex, yes welcome to the forum. I really appreciate the cordial and correct comments on this post so far by the forum members.

I was invited by my neighbor to attend an AC Cobra get together at his home yesturday. It was a beautiful and wonderful day to take the 40 out and meet its close cousins the cobras. I lightly mentioned the topic of this thread and to my surprise, everyone knew of Alex. They have stated much of what has been mentioned by our forum members before on their forum with not much heed to the rules the forum sets.

I have been on other forums where this car or that car is the only car to have and this or that is the best forum and close out all other opinions. I love cars and have several different ones that I take to the track and each has it's own personality. So does the different forums that I have visited or became a member of. I love this forum the best because of it's friendly and insightful and helpful nature. This is what gives it it's soul. I believe that it is this way because of the members contributing and obeying rules already set by this forum.

Like I have said before Alex, welcome and enjoy what great insights and wisdom this forum can add to your car experience and for that matter, life. Lets not, however, try to change the attitude of this forum because stirring the bees nest can be fun at times, but someone always gets stung.

I like Alex and to be clear he was banned twice, but after the first time he came back slightly toned down and I thought he was a great contributor who brought out some very good topics. Unfotunately, there are some thin skin whiners on the other site and he does tend to push the rules a bit.

Alex, you will like the paddock here and I urge you to go in and check out some of the past threads. You will be happy you came over here. Now make us happy you are here!

Is a disclaimer really necessary? I mean, how bad can you be? Looking forward to your build pics.

Joe T.

Butt-Hurt...lol

Back