Mark IV

The site lists P1015 P1021 P1037 P1046 P1102 as well as J7 and now according to this thread J4 - what a collection !

If you're even close to Boulder, Colorado you've got to get to the museum. As Jim said, the cars change often so it's always worth a trip to see what's there. Just as cool are all the parts, original GT body molds, and Shelby stuff they have around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree that J4 is in good hands.
1046 is listed as a museum car but is still owned by Stauffer and just on loan...
Larry Miller is an interesting guy. Dropped out of school.
I'm going to quit doing my kid's homework for them and
stop worrying so much.

I spoke with George yesterday. I imagine he got a good chunk of change for J4.They were happy to get the car at the museum because it was a Shelby car. J7 was a Holman & Moody car. There must be some tax thing with the museum or other benefit. The cars are owned by individuals but kept there. George had not raced the car in a while. He had been looking for a 12 cylinder Jag and now owns one of the later Silk Cut cars. Not too shabby.

Bill

Not too shabby is right...

Attachments

• 75263-IMG_5651.jpg
    75263-IMG_5651.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 424
Jim I respect your viewpoint. In that the 1967 win was an all American deal in terms of money, car and driver. However, the testing involving the J car was partly British i.e. Ken Miles and his tragic loss in J2. Also if not for Ford's politics Ken Miles would have been the winner of the treble in 1966 Sebring, Daytona and Lemans. But unfortunately Ford did not want the headline in the papers to read Ken Miles the first man to win Sebring Daytona and Lemans in the same season. They wanted it to read Ford wins Lemans. As far as the number of cars produced dictates a value. This theory is blown out of the water when you consider the value of the Ferrari GTO 1962 and 1964 total number of 39. Which sell for an incredible amount. Non of which won Lemans outright. My theory on values is based on supply and demand. The original Daytona Coupe was attracting a lot more money that the one that sold recently. Mainly because it was the Daytona beach record car and it's owner? held out for more and more money till her dead when there was a despute on ownership between her estate and Phil Spector the orginal owner. Even now the 330P4 Ferraris are worth more than the Lemans winning MKIV. Why I have no idea but Ferraris always hold a premium over other makes.
Regards Allan

Until something sells its hard to know and things change as time goes by. As J5 will never come up for sale it's hard to know what it would go for. The most money any car ever went for so far as I know was for a MB. Go figure...

Regards

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Jim I respect your viewpoint. In that the 1967 win was an all American deal in terms of money, car and driver. However, the testing involving the J car was partly British i.e. Ken Miles and his tragic loss in J2. Also if not for Ford's politics Ken Miles would have been the winner of the treble in 1966 Sebring, Daytona and Lemans. But unfortunately Ford did not want the headline in the papers to read Ken Miles the first man to win Sebring Daytona and Lemans in the same season. They wanted it to read Ford wins Lemans. As far as the number of cars produced dictates a value. This theory is blown out of the water when you consider the value of the Ferrari GTO 1962 and 1964 total number of 39. Which sell for an incredible amount. Non of which won Lemans outright. My theory on values is based on supply and demand. The original Daytona Coupe was attracting a lot more money that the one that sold recently. Mainly because it was the Daytona beach record car and it's owner? held out for more and more money till her dead when there was a despute on ownership between her estate and Phil Spector the orginal owner. Even now the 330P4 Ferraris are worth more than the Lemans winning MKIV. Why I have no idea but Ferraris always hold a premium over other makes.
Regards Allan

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you give Ford too much credit. I believe that they were far more interested in a staged line abreast finish that would look good in a newspaper. I think that the last thing on their minds was the rule regarding finishing position vs starting position...

[ QUOTE ]
Until something sells its hard to know and things change as time goes by. As J5 will never come up for sale it's hard to know what it would go for. The most money any car ever went for so far as I know was for a MB. Go figure...

Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim I am showing my ignorance what is a MB??

Pat although my memorary is not that good I remember reading about the staged finish and the reasons for it . This was one of the reasons. Publicity for Ford not to be overshadowed by an individual. Of course I was not at the 1966 Lemans so I can only rely on books and articles for this information. And wheither this is accurate or not??
Regards Allan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Mister Green ( from Germany I think ) bought it in 2000, ex. Fangio Formula 1, won the championship

... as far as I now this is a F1 version of the SLR, 8 cylinder, crankshaft running on bearings, desmodromic head, ... a fabulous car !

Back