Maximum fuel capacity ?

Hi guys,

I have a beautiful CAV GT with one fuel tank. I've been badly suprised to see that the capacity of my tank was only...30 liters ! (7.5 gallons).
So I would like to increase its capacity. Can any one help me please ? What is the maximum fuel tank capacity that I can expect with only one tank.
Do you know where can I get one ?

Thanks a lot for your help :thumbsup:

My car is really beautiful and this is now the last thing that is bothering me :uneasy:

If you want to see more pictures of my car you can see them in my albums. My member name is : LMSC

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi LMSC

I have a DRB and by utilising every bit of space in the sills I have managed to get 48 litres into each side.

I had a friend of mine who is a stainless sheet metal worker make them to my design for me.

With the surge tank and with the added capacity of the fill pipes I have managed to top out at 100 litres capacity in total.

I dont' think any more than that would be possible.

Dimi

LMSC, the majority of the CAVs (and indeed many of all GT40 replicas) have two side pod tanks with about 10 gallons each side, filled separately through left and right LeMans style fillers just ahead of the windshield post. If you have onl one tank then I would guess you have one whole side pod available for a second tank. You could try Ian Clark at CAV Canada or Jean or John at CAV in South Africa for technical details relating to installing a second tank and the associated cross over lines and filters and pumps and switch.

If your car gets anything like the mpg of my car (about 11mpg) then, yes, you'll definitely need greater tankage to make the car enjoyable.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the plug:). We have the bladder fuel cells in stock, both new and refirbished, also filler necks, caps and hardware. So adding the second tank and appropriate plumbing is no problem including balance pipes and fittings.

I can't see much improvement in the fuel capacity within each sill box, best idea is to go to two tanks.

LMSC please feel free to call anytime or email directly. We can fix you up.

Cheers

Back