Mendeola Transaxle

I am wondering if anyone has taken delivery of a mendeola transaxle in the last few years. Im starting to wonder if they are producing or not. If you have used one, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rick

Mark Turner

Supporter
I have the same question as well last month I sent them an email and quickly got a callback saying they had a four month lead time sounded pretty reasonable

Neil

Supporter
Gathering vital parts for a project before starting work in earnest is a good idea. When I was working at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) in Green Bank, WV, we always hired college kids for summer jobs. One fellow, Jim, worked in our receiver lab all summer and he started building a very nice hi-fi (before stereo) amplifier design called "Ultralinear". This was an unusual power amplifier circuit that used taps on its output transformer as feedback to the output vacuum tube's screen grids to improve its linearity. Jim worked on this amplifier all summer- building his aluminum chassis, punching holes for tube sockets, buying tubes and passive components as he went along. NRAO was good about allowing people to work on electronic "home projects" as they felt that a technician would gain knowledge and experience from this. Anyway, Jim finished his amplifier and then mail-ordered the necessary special output transformer from Acrosound. The summer was almost over and two weeks later he received an envelope in the mail with a very short note from a law firm. "This firm is in receivership". That was all. Jim never did finish his amplifier; it was a lesson that many of us never forgot.

Back