Monocoques

Jim,

From the Cobra "restoration" model, jack up the serial number and drive a new car under it!!!!

Rick
shocked.gif

Hi
I understand the current owner of P1005 was offered $50,000 for the remnants. I was also told that quite a lot of the original car is still with us. In what form, is what intrigues me?
Regards
Chris

T-3 is Randy Treadwell's company.
As most of you know, Randy bought the molds
from LA Exotic for their GT40 "replica",
sold a couple cars/kits, and then sold
the tooling/molds to Melson Motorsports
who now offers that kit.

The replica Randy is advertising uses George Cochrane's chassis. George will sell that chassis (or something nearly identical)
to anyone willing to pay him.

John Hester's company (GTS) will make their own proprietery chassis that will be very
similar to the one George offers.

I am very interested to see who gets their
car on the road first.

MikeD

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Let me confirm what was said earlier, George will indeed sell to anyone with the money. He contacted me almost a year ago to offer the monocoque to me as a Roaring Forties. Even after all the hassels that I have had with exhausts !!!!

I would not trust this man with the manufacture of a part from our cars , not even a small component of a part.

Best wishes ,

Robert

Guys, not to get a whole string of uglies going here, but I feel better if we separate the men from the mark. I purchased my partial kit and materials from GTD back in the spring of 99 when it was being run by Ray and Graham and these gentlemen bent over backwards to help with my purchase and get it into the country, I knew what I was getting....when I was getting it........who was doing what......... and what time I should expect arrival of my shipment.
Unfortunately after the business changed hands we saw some bad practices and very questionable behavior. It was the new management that drove it into the ground, not the folks that built the business from the ground up.

Brian

Great comment by Brian. It is a shame that a business that started back in about 1986 and was run successfully for many years has to have its reputation trashed by some idiot who doesn't want to tend to business. I had dealings with GTD from 1988 tru about 1996 and never had a bit of trouble during over $200,000 in transactions. We had meaningful discussions about design and managed to improve a few things in the later designs. Again remember there are a lot of earlier GTD customers who are running some pretty nice cars and in spite of some of the design short comings that we all would have liked to seen improved, we are happy campers. Fortunately we didn't have to deal with Spencer and his friends.

Back