More Global Cooling/Warming/Change hoax.

“It was inconvenient for this administration that climate data has clearly showed no warming for the past two decades,” he said in a statement. “The American people have every right to be suspicious when NOAA alters data to get the politically correct results they want and then refuses to reveal how those decisions were made.”

Smith also said NOAA’s assertion of confidentiality is incorrect.

“The agency has yet to identify any legal basis for withholding these documents,” he said, adding that his panel would use “all tools at its disposal” to continue investigating.

Agency won

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
“We stand behind our scientists who conduct their work in an objective manner. It is the end product of exchanges between scientists — the detailed publication of scientific work and the data that underpins the authors' findings — that are key to understanding the conclusions reached.

So if they stand behind the science, why won't they release the documents?
Because the little people might discover the numbers were fudged?

Follow the money.

The truth may well have been revealed on climate change but it's probably buried amongst the mountains of misinformation, it's now the proverbial needle in a haystack.:cussing:

Bob

"How have we reached this point in a country that claims to be rational?” they ask, adding that mathematicians “do not believe in crusades. They look at facts, figures, comments and arguments.”

“There is not a single fact, figure…[or] observation that leads us to conclude the world’s climate is in any way ‘disturbed,” the paper states. “It is variable, as it has always been. … Modern methods are far from being able to accurately measure the planet’s overall temperature even today, so measurements made 50 or 100 years ago are even less reliable.”

French Mathematicians Blast UN

Keith

Last sentence from the same report:

If the losses of the Antarctic Peninsula and parts of West Antarctica continue to increase at the same rate they’ve been increasing for the last two decades, the losses will catch up with the long-term gain in East Antarctica in 20 or 30 years - "I don’t think there will be enough snowfall increase to offset these losses,” said Zwally.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"I don’t think there will be enough snowfall increase to offset these losses,” said Zwally.

'ONE guy's opinion.

As has been mentioned ad nauseam, the planet has gone thru multiple '+' & '-' temp cycles since day one. There's no denying that. It's fact, not 'theory'. Geological proof has been left behind in the Earth's crust.

It's the height of arrogance for man to think there's anything HE can do to control/alter/stop that no matter how may laws/rules/regulations/taxes he passes.

When one get's right down to it, man can't even control annual FLOODING, for Pete's sake.

Keith

I would point out that I have absolutely no idea who's right or wrong on this issue and I suspect I will never reach a value judgement such are the confusing messages, but I was just pointing out that in the article referred to, the researcher who judged that the loss of ice overall was much less than predicted and even compensated for by the growth in ancient snow forming ice, in the last sentence, trashed the original thesis that Antarctic Ice is still receding or will receded further.

So one asks, why post such a report which is clearly contradictory and doesn't actually support one side or the other. In fact a champion fence sitting thesis!

No doubt fat fees were involved... :shifty:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Colonel, you're thinking to rationally to even be looking at this thread. I must say though, I admire your conviction to your Admin duties.

"The biggest bone of contention between the two groups is how the data are assessed. In the United States, the recorded temperature data go back to 1880, and elsewhere not even that far. Those data have to be "stapled on" to the ice-core data used to determine temperatures in earlier times. This has led to controversial representations, such as the infamous "hockey stick" graph released by the IPCC that gave the impression the world is hotter now than ever. Many scientists slammed the graph as wholly unrealistic, insisting that previous eras, such as the medieval warm period and the Holocene maximum were warmer than today.

Another issue is the urban "heat island" effect. Black asphalt roads and concrete structures absorb heat from the sun. Roy Spencer, a climatologist at the University of Alabama and former IPCC alumnus, charged in 2013 that the NOAA was "warming up" readings at rural temperature stations to match the urban ones rather than the reverse. A spokesman for the NOAA responded but stopped short of denying it."

Cold sun rising - The Nation

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
21 years old – and it’s time they Grew Up

Mon 16 Nov 2015 04:49:49 pm/45 COMMENTS
Global Warming Alarmists are about to gather in Paris for the biggest climate carnival in their 21 year history – they expect 25,000 official guests and 15,000 hangers on. Surely on their 21st birthday it is time they grew up and faced some adult world problems.

Any urchin on the streets of Paris today could tell buffoons like Ban Ki-moon and Barack Obama that the “biggest security threat facing the world today” is NOT a miniscule increase in atmospheric plant food, caused mainly by gentle natural global warming which has triggered minor outgassing from the oceans.

Obama calls climate change the biggest threat to national security:
Obama to Coast Guard Grads: Climate Change the Biggest Threat to National Security - Breitbart

John Kerry insists climate change is a national security threat:
John Kerry | climate change | national security threat

Turnbull and Co should not insult Parisians by taking part in such frivolous folly

Keith

Do you know Pete, in a bizarre kind of week, I found that probably the strangest and off planet thing I've yet read...:freak:

Even if it was May this year....:huh:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Back