Mount Panorama at pace

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Mt Panorama - The Way It Was - Easter 2010
Next Easter Mount Panorama or "Bathurst" will be alive with Australias motoring enthusiasts --Racing:- for group N & C touring cars, improved prod. cars, Group S sports cars, Marque sports cars ...etc-- "regularity" and a 6 hour regularity tag team.
Bigger than Ben Hur! cut off is 23/12/09 :shocked:
Some Qld Gt40s and Cobras have entered for 5 days of solid track time.
Me .. I'm just going for the celebrity beers.
Be Quick, there'll grids of a 100 cars.

Hi Guys,
Just been on Google Maps to look up Bathurst and found that Street View has been there and Googled the track!
Shame they have not been to the Nurburgring with their cameras, yet!

You don’t need a Supercar or pots of money.

This CAMS sanctioned regularity event is open to everyone with a road (or club) registered or log-booked car. So it’s ideal for drivers who may have competed in supersprints or rallies and want to live the dream of running at the Mountain in the company of their mates and fellow club members. As a team event, not only the costs and driving can be shared, but also the excitement and camaraderie. Teams may comprise from 4 to 6 cars and drivers, and points will be awarded for consistency in recorded lap times. Remember, this is not a race and we don’t give out trophies – it’s all about keeping a cool head while having fun.

This is of the site,the last comment ,this is not a race.
Are they kidding you put 2 guys on a track and it becomes a race.

It looks like fun.

Jim

Hey Chris
Which GT40s are entering? Also can you enter if you have the DRB half cage fitted with a CAMS 2a log book? Might try and get a DRB from WA over for the event?.

Would be great to finally catch up and meet some of you Guys.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Yeah Dave, if you have a L2S licence you'll be right for regularity events.
Quincy ('ole DRB#17) is in Marque sports racing .
The DRB GT40 factory car and a RCR GT40 are in Regularity +plus a bunch of Cobras
EOI cuts off tomorrow !

I printed out the form and will fax it tomorrow. How did the DRB get into the Marque cat when it's not listed in the cams manual or have I missed something?

I would even be interested in buying a drive if someone else needed some funds to do the event.

Oh and Chris do you do an LS1 to Audi 016 adapter kit?

Last edited:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
#17 has many years of racing history :cry: (when you have money, anything is possible):laugh:
Buy a drive ? talk to PR @ DRB
LS1 to 016 --can do -- what do you want to start it with ??--- PM me [email protected] on that one

Chris,
The event is a little "quirky" but to be fair the organisers have acheived their first aim..... fill the grid..... I have been twice before and both times came away with a grin that took at least a week to wipe off.

Loom forword to meeting some of the regulars on the site

Iain

I'm also going down to be Pit Bitch for a mate with his Fraser Seven, should be a great weekend , hope to catch up with some of you Locals
cheers John

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Caption wanted ----
Australias quickest GT40

Attachments

• 2uzqtzl (Small).jpg
    2uzqtzl (Small).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 291
We've heard the line 8-ball in the corner pocket.........
A line not often heard around the POOL TABLE:

" 8-ball empties ALL POCKETS"

Back