My SL-Razor has arrived...

Other than waiting for a couple of minor details (insurance paperwork to come back and parking brake assembly), I havent been up to much other than driving around my neighborhood, installing some header wrap, heat sheild, and reworked the tie-rods.

pics038.jpg

pics037.jpg

pics036.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Looking really good. I'm sure the heat from that exhaust would not have taken long to roast the bodywork...

Since many of us are also interested in things with wings - I'm curious about the plane parked in the back of your garage... :)

Looking really good. I'm sure the heat from that exhaust would not have taken long to roast the bodywork...

Since many of us are also interested in things with wings - I'm curious about the plane parked in the back of your garage... :)

Hopefully, the exhaust wrap and the heat shielding will help out.

The plane in the back is a 47% Decathlon. Its powered by a DLE 222 (cc) flat 4. Its got a 15' wing span, full smoke system, lights, etc. On youtube, look up Pete's 47% Decathlon or something like that. Theres a few videos on there. The next project is a 60% L4 Grasshopper. Should be fun!!!!!! My next project is a 150cc Gee Bee R3.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Cool!!!! Would like to see more on the planes sometime!!!

Insurance: Check
Parking Brake assembly: Check

Im flying today, so tomorrow looks like the day I go down to the DMV (NOT looking forward to that...) and getting a temp tag to drive it down to the shop for a vehicle inspection. If all goes well, and hopefully it does, Ill go back to the DMV and have this baby registered!!!

Heres hoping for a relatively smooth day tomorrow... :thumbsup:

Ron,

it has two seats....so its not the Nemesis...its the new version of the Roadster
Oh, my: I have not been paying enough attention. The Roadster is now version 2.0?

What has changed on the Roadster? Where do i go to find out the details of the changes? I searched this forum a little while ago for info on the SL-R, but not much came up after its introduction. I'm sure that some thread or other around on the forum has the nitty-gritty on the new version SL-R, but I don't seem to be able to find it . . .

I do think the straight-and-level F1-style nose is pretty nice.

Thanks!

Bassanio et Portia :)

First drive impressions...

HOLY SHIT!!!

That is all.

Ok. For real, now. You know those sci-fi movies (eg: Star Wars) where just a few seconds before "they" go into light speed, well.... Thats how everything around this car is. Everything but a small baseball size area (arms length away) becomes a blur when you step on this thing. Also, Ive NEVER EVER seen so many people gauking at a car or a person in my life. Anywhere it parked, INSANT CROWD!!! Yeah, it gets that much attention. Its like a mobile car show-one that can quickly escape the mobs of people that just ask "what is that thing???".

Compared to my lifted Jeep, and my Corvette from before, this thing drives as if you had a tie rod on each side of your brain. It responds INSTANTLY to any imput that you make, without ANY hesitation. And that big, beastly air intake just sucks the gunk straight out of your ear... which is just amazing. I drove with a helmet on and off during today's 110 miles of drivng. Both ways are wonderful. In the helmet, you feel safe from everyone stairing and stuff. Without one, you show the world that hairstyles from the 80s are going to make a come back. (My hair feathers up like Kramer in a way...)

Needless to say, ANYONE here thats curious about exocars just have to know this: Its like the fastest motorcycle and best handling car wrapped up into an attention -"whore"-getting beast.

Pics below:

SLRazorfirstdrive003.jpg

SLRazorfirstdrive004.jpg

SLRazorfirstdrive008.jpg

SLRazorfirstdrive012.jpg

SLRazorfirstdrive019.jpg

-Quick funny story that happened on the first day of "legally" driving this car:

So after recieving my temp tags, I decide that I want to take it for a quick spin. Ten minutes down the road, I get pulled over. Im thinking, "Crap, speedo must be off!" The LEO walks up to my car, smiling and shaking his head.

"First of all, what the hell is that?"
"Its an RCR, SLR."
"Dont know what that is, but is it street legal?"
"Yes sir. Heres my temp tags, insurance, and drivers license."
"Oh... Ok. Well, take care out here and watch out for trucks and big rigs."
"No problem, sir. Take care, too."

Five miles down the road........

Im pulled over again and this time I have NO IDEA why. Im just following traffic (the semi-circle of cars that forms around this car...) and obeying all traffic rules.

The LEO walks up...

"My buddy down the road told me there was something that I have got to see. So thats why I pulled you over."
"Heres my..."
"Dont worry. I just wanted to take a look."

About 10 seconds later...

"Alright, have a good day and stay safe."

Back