Name this original Mk 1 road car?

I am not too sure its 1059 as well. I never recall that home made Gurney Bubble as far back as I an remember on 1059. That should be a dead give away when somebody locates a pic of an original white car in the early 70s. We know it was in LA and a single taillight car. I will check my complete files whan I get home noext week.

Guys, the white road car may just be P1062. Check out page 93 of John S. Allen's book "GT40 The Legend Lives On". In the book P1062 is painted blue and has what looks like a funky Gurney bubble that has the leading edge beginning in the spider section. See what you think.

Ron McCall

Supporter
Guys, the white road car may just be P1062. Check out page 93 of John S. Allen's book "GT40 The Legend Lives On". In the book P1062 is painted blue and has what looks like a funky Gurney bubble that has the leading edge beginning in the spider section. See what you think.

I think you are correct. Trevor Legate's book lists it as painted Guardsman Blue around 1991 after being sold and registered in Germany. ALso states that it was painted white /blue stripes and vintage raced in California circa 1980.

Nice work Mark!

Back