Need Muffler thoughts

Our preliminary understanding of the space limitations has us looking closely at the Flowmaster Pro series or DBX series, both of which were previously marketed under the Hushpower brand. Also, the Sebring Tuning 6" x 14" found on the black Rapier car because that's basically our configuration, although we haven't been able to hear what that sounds like. Would be awesome if the gent that owns that car now could record something for us. . . hello. . . anyone there. . . anyone? :)

In any case 6" round x 14"-ish in length is what we believe is roughly the space we have to work with, maybe a little more.

A rep at Borla also recommended the XR-1 Universal line. They have something that roughly fits those dimensions, but again haven't "heard" them.

More to come soon.

Mike, are you running the street or race tail? I'm just wondering if you can run it straight out the back with the street tail or if it needs to be angled. Final option is to run it like Grant is doing with the side exhaust and s-curved pipes.

I guess the Borla is way to loud for you :idea:

at least if they sound like this>>

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2eIyHhUcak]Borla XR-1 Mufflers Soundclip - YouTube[/ame]

This one don't seem to loud listening at the video that is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDvhlOTjXIo]Ford GT40 exhaust first fire up - YouTube[/ame]

the silencers and the full exhaust system was custom made at RS fabrications in Banbury

I looked on their website, they do many things, but also had some GT40 on it
there they also explain after that first start that they still had to sort the carbs as you could here the engine could use some adjustments>>

RS fabrications search results: gt40

but also detail pics of that exhaust and car>>

cimg6168.jpg

cimg6162.jpg

cimg6174.jpg

looks nice me thinks.

they also make one with a repackable exhaust?

cimg3421.jpg

more pics etc, in the link above.

Mike, are you running the street or race tail? I'm just wondering if you can run it straight out the back with the street tail or if it needs to be angled. Final option is to run it like Grant is doing with the side exhaust and s-curved pipes.

Todd - running the street tail with rear exit. I like the look of the side exit but I wanted the exhaust sound as far away from my ears as possible. I've had some pretty loud/aggressive cars and bikes over the years and I can tell you that my hearing is damaged from them - besides seeing Led Zeppelin live in 1975. The SLC will look so over the top for a street car, I don't think I'll need the mufflers to announce my arrival :)

BTW: We were getting a slight exhaust leak at the LS7 exhaust manifold exit/flange connections. Fran was kind enough to supply the exhaust flanges, but we also needed gaskets. To save others the research time here's the info on the gaskets: 15272179 GASKET-EXH MANIF PIPE 15272179 - from crate engine depot - $40.00 for the pair.

Back