New from Holland

Hi all,

After 2 jears of driving a Toyota Supra Twin Turbo I think its time for a new project!
I'm really a big fan of the gt40's and I want to make my own now.
But I don't know much about the replica kits and the rules to get legaly on the road in the Netherlands.
I have read something about register it in GB and Importing it to the Netherlands.
So I hope to get all the information on this Forum.
Sorry for my bad english but I think you guys understand what I mean :D
I hope there are some Dutch guys that can tell me everything about the rules to get a Kitcar legaly on the roads here.

Greets,

Roy

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Roy,

Welcome, your English is better than mine!

You have come to the right place, lots of good info here.

Take your time, ask questions, the good folks here will help you with your dream!

Hi Roy, there are some interesting cars (GT40) around, bets for NL is a 60 plate so you don't need to pay road tax or BPM.
You can also buy a car with EU plate, not only UK but Belgium has also a lot GT40 and on the moment there's a "cheap" GT40 in Germany for sale...but you need to build it up again (engine is out but comes with a new V8)

Hi Roy,
welcome to the forum
there are a couple of gt's in holland (building and on the road) and most of them are her on the forum so plenty of info to obtain here
Frank

Roy,
Again, welcome to the forum.
I bought my car last year in the UK and imported it.
I can't tell you much about the building process, but I might be able to answer some questions though.
Btw, where do you live?

GJ

thanks!

@Frank & GJ: What kits do You guys have?
I'm now looking for a Tornado because I first want to buy the parts to get a rolling chassis and later do the interior and exterior. and finally install the engine and gearbox.

I'm from Ochten. (by Tiel and Arnhem)
Is it possible to see a GT40 from You guys?
That would be great!

Hi Roy welcome,

I have a GTD, live above Amsterdami in Noord Holland.

I think it is an impossible mission to get a GT40 with an Ami V8 throught the RDW.
Maybe with an Audi V8, but the taxes will cost you more then the complete kit with engine and transmission.

Buy an old second hand GT40 and rebuild to your wish.
More info
KCC Forum

Hi Roy,
I'm building a kva
But a piece of advice for getting a car the easy way on the road here try to get a car with a licence old enough so you don't have to pay bpm and is tax free
just like luc wrote above
Frank

Thanks all!

Like You guys say, its the easiest way to buy a second hand car and rebuilt it.
So i'm now gonna look for a (cheap) kit.
I don't be hasty cause I don't have a empty garage at the moment.
First, me and my dad have to rebuild his ''73 Mustang so I have space in his garage :D

Advice is allways welcome!

Cheers,

I have a very well sorted out GTD.
But planning to do upgrades like every year or so.

I agree with Lucas and Frank.
Just get one registered before 1987 so it will be tax and BTW free.

When you are in the neighbourhood of Middelburg, we can meet up!

Back