New Member, Central Ohio

Hello Everyone. Greetings from central Ohio (Granville). I am about two weeks from kicking off my next build, an RCR GT40, and am super excited.
I am originally from NW Ohio, grew up on a small family farm and learned how to bend wrenches, keep farm equipment operational, build stuff and developed a passion for all things automotive. I went to OSU, got an Ag Eng degree, and moved around the world selling 3D measurement, inspection and reverse engineering equipment for manufacturing, construction and law enforcement (CSI stuff). Along the way I have acquired a 1996 Acura NSX & a 1957 Dodge D200 pickup. I also take care of my wife's 1976 International Scout (bought new by her dad). While I have turned a lot of wrenches in my time, the old Dodge was my first real tear apart and rebuild. I tore it down to frame, cut the frame in half, welded in a 1994 Dakota front frame for independent front suspension and power steering. I installed a 4 link rear end, entire new drive train and put the old body back on the rebuilt frame and powertrain. It has a Mopar 400 big block, 727 transmission, 8 3/4 rear end, fuel injection, fender well headers and a whole lot of fun. The old truck project will never be finished, but it sure is fun!
Here is the livery, as it stands today...
IMG_3326(1).JPG
Simon-53-Edit.jpg
IMG_8790.JPEG

It has been over a year since I placed my order with RCR. I made my final payment this week. I hope to pick it up on April 15, one day after my 50th birthday. I gave my self a few years of work for my birthday! I will get started in a few weeks.
Thank you for having me. Give me a shout if you are in central Ohio

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Rod. Nice build on the truck. Sounds like you have a good plan. Please start a build thread when you get your GT40. We live to follow along on everyone’s journey.

Regards Brian

Welcome!! I am neck deep in an RCR40 just outside Columbus! Check out my build thread to see where I am at and let me know if you have any questions. I’m excited to have another Ohio builder on the forum!!

Very jealous of the NSX…

Back