New from So Cal

Don't own a GT-40, but have admired them since the day I first saw one at our local dealership back in the 60's. It's one of my all-time favorite racecars!! I've been fortunate enough to share some track time with Howard and his beautiful car, as well as instructor drive in a Ford GT at Watkins Glen several years ago...They are simply awesome....I should only be so lucky to own one someday.

Pitted next to a few of your colleagues at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill last weekend (RCR), and had a great time sharing track time and pit work with them (rain, mud, darkness, mist and all)...They had some tough breaks, but their effort was noble and in the spirit of all good endurance racers, they never gave up....Glad I found you guys!!!

Karen Salvaggio
#28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
#28 FFR Challenge Series
2009 & 2010 West Coast Champion

Last edited:
Hi Karen! Welcome to the forum.

If you find yourself in the OC in Irvine, you should stop by Superformance and check out their stable of GT40s, coupes and cobras...quite a collection.

You you are an instructor? If a person was to want your help, where would you teach - Willow Springs?

Mike

Thanks Mike!

The Superformance stable is amazing for sure....Haven't been to their complex in Irvine, but have seen their cars up close at track events at Willow Springs, Reno Fernley, Infineon, California Speedway, Las Vegas Speedway, and lots of other tracks out here in the West. Had the very good fortune of instructor driving at Carroll's 85th birthday celebration in Las Vegas a few years ago...They brought out a nice stable of cars from the factory and we spent the day either doing ride alongs or giving rides to owners/customers. Now that was fun!!! They're great cars!

I've been instructor driving with NASA, SVTOA, Speed Ventures, Speed Trial USA and Track Guys for many years, and have had the good fortune of working with folks all over the country at this point....Living in So Cal, tracks such as CA Speedway, Willow Springs and Buttonwillow are all in our backyard (relatively), so I spend most of my track time there.

Thanks again for the welcome! I love racing, and love these cars!

Karen

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Karen - WELCOME to GT40s.com

You'll fit right in here... Lots of good tech and great people and fabulous conversation...

Thanks Randy.....I'm looking to learn more about the GT40's....Saving my pennies (nickels, dimes and quarters too), and if the planets align someday, I'll be fortunate enough to own one....In the meantime, there's a lot to learn and I'm already enjoying looking at all of these beautiful cars.

Karen

Back