New from So. Cal.

Hey you car lovers. New here, been surfing & lurking, reading some of the build diaries. Some outstanding tallent & knowledge here that's for sure. I don't have any GT 40s (the Shelby Datona coupe is my wife's dream car)but would like to build a Can Am or Le Mans type car & I see Lola & McLaren lovers are wellcome here too. I did have the pleasure of working for John Collins doing fiberglass repair ( I got to drool on his McLaren M8F). He was Dan Gureys' crew chief in 68 & 69 at Le Mans when they won back to back & signed he several pictures in the "Shelby GT40" book I have. Unfortunatly he passed a couple of years ago. I have a 76 Corvette (hope the Ford guys don't hold that against me LOL) & a 71 Lotus Europa. I'm currently working on or re-working a Devin body to go on a Spitfire chassis. I'm modifying it a bit to my own tastes & smoothing out the uneven body work. When I get it the way I want I'll pull a set of molds. I've been in love with the Can Am cars since I used to go to Riverside Raceway in the early 70s. To own a streetable Lola T70 is my ultimate dream. Look forwards to reading about the great builds going on arround the world here.
Mike Surber

Hey Mike,

Have you been to Superformance HQ in Irvine off Bake Parkway? They usually have some Daytone Coupes, GT40s and a few dozen Cobras to drool over...check it out.

Hi guys hope to fit in. No I haven't been to the Superformance HQ. But they had quite a display to drool on at the Brea car show last year. Ah!!!!!!!!!!! If only I'd been born rich instead of good looking!!!! (NOT)

Back