new here - need dis-abler information and other circuit questions

Hello everyone !

First post here, looking for specifics on a problem or possibly directions to another forum that might be able to help,

I have a customer with several Superperformance cars in his collection, one of which is a Daytona Coupe clone. I have hunted for an open discussion forum in which it doesn't take eons to complete registration and I am hoping that someone here will direct me to such a place or even better, to answer my electrical question.

Please forgive my questions, but in all my years of dealing with complicated cars have I never run across such a poorly laid out electrical circuit description, "schematic" is not applicable here, as what I find in the owner's manual. Not complaining, just stating fact.:happy:

Scenario: Superperformance Coupe - I just wired in a hidden door popper switch for the LH door - In doing so the battery was disconnected and the heavy red wire junction in the passenger toe board area was disconnected.

Starter: With everything back in place the Starter and Fuel Pump toggles do not work. I am getting power to the starter relay and when jumped at the relay female receptacles the start motor works. There is power being supplied to the socket from the toggle to activate the relay but there seems to be no ground from the socket.

Fuel Pump: I have traced what I could of the toggle/pump circuit, but have not been able to determine the cause of this situation. The rear of the toggle is nearly impossible to access because of the way that the dash and console are secured so I cannot tell for certain whether or not the switch is being supplied with current. However, the 20 amp fuse second from the left in the under-dash panel, is getting power and is not blown. I hear no sound that could be identified as being from a fuel pump.

I suspect that the "Dis-abler" system is thinking that someone is trying to hot wire the car and has scrambled itself, but the warning light on the dash seems to operate correctly. When left alone with the key out of the ignition the LED blinks and when the system is disarmed with the key fob it goes out and stays out for at least a minute or so before beginning to blink again.

I can find no instructions at all about the use of the dis-abler on the web or in the limited resource's of the owner's manual, so if anyone here has information about the operation and specifically how to reset the device after battery current interruption I would be greatly in debt to you.

If you think that I may have overlooked a still unconnected circuit, please tell me.

Thanks, Jack

Last edited:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Wow. I just looked at the "wiring harness diagrams" in the SPF Coupe owner's manual and you're right, you can't diagnose using that document; all it is is a physical diagram of how the wires are connected; no logical or functional information whatsoever. I hope there is a true schematic diagram avaialble somehwere. If I were in your situation I'd be calling the original SPF dealer who sold this car and asking for some help. Also, take a look at the bottom of the dealers listing on the SPF site: http://www.superformance.com/dealers.aspx.

They imply that Dennis Olthoff provides "technincal support". (Which he does in abundance, but I didn't realize it was "official.")
<TABLE cellSpacing=5 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Technical Support & Owners Associations

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Technical Support / Race Application
Olthoff Racing
www.olthoffracing.com
</TD><TD>SPF Owners Forum & Advice
superformance.org
</TD><TD>SCORE - SPF Registry
www.secondstrike.com
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

One more thought: can you find the immobilizer and tell it's make and model? Equipped with it's manual you might be able to tell what it's doing.

Last edited:
Thank you Alan for the suggestions. I will call Dennis on Monday.

And thank you Big Foot for the tip on the Club Cobra site. I have just registered and posted my plea for help over there.

Thanks again to both of you.

Jack

Back