New Manufacturer or did I miss something

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Jos

I believe HiTech are in South Africa and they are the company that Superformance have signed up to roduce their cars

Cheers
Ian

Ron Earp

Admin
Considering that is the same car in the pictures in the Superformance area......

Yes, Hi Tech and Superformance are the same car. Superformance is the US brand name they are sold under in the US.

Check that price though on road at £99,875 - that is over $180,000 USD. How is it we can put one on the road for about $104,000 USD or so? Damn, shipping to the UK must be really expensive. I know the VAT is high, but it isn't that high!!!!!

Ron

Superformance is impressive, but at those prices (if I'll have now ..) think I will just run to Fran, drink a beer with him and buy immediately one of his beauties....Surely the trip to europe will be much much much more cheap...

Paolo:D

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Not wanting to hijack a thread, but as long as we are talking about new GT40 manufacturers, the newest Kit Car magazine lists on page 17 that a new MK I is being introduced by Legend Motors Worldwide, Inc., phone number 317-514-4473. It looks like they might be a new name for the old GT40NA kits. When I first saw the notice I Googled them and came up with a website with a photo of a GT40, but every link I clicked on said the website was "under construction". Now, when I Google them I get a different website. I don't know if it was a premature announcement or what, but something is in the works and I just thought it might be interesting given the topic of this thread.

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
So Legends bought the old GT40 NZ kit from GT40NA, and is now trying to produce that car along with a lot of rods?

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I think they acquired all of GT40 NA in July of 2005. Funny how you never hear anything about them, isn't it.

I remember calling the company that was selling the GT40na cars previously. Prices were quite high, from about $120K to $180K or so depending on options.

I believe Gerry at Hawk Cars is distributing the Superformance GT40 in the UK.
He recently sent me (and a load of other people) pictures of his demo car nearing completion.
I think they are about £47k minus engine and 'box.

Hawk Cars - SPF GT

Paul

Legend Motors Worldwide Is a company that started in Indy, they did a merge with LAWest inc. in Lagrange Indiana, Pull a Dun and Bradstreet on any one you do business with before you do, You will find out a lot, before you ever buy a car from a "manufacturer" check titling procedure, Liability Insurance, in plain english always cover your ass.:dead:

A little update on Legend Motors Worldwide. Legend Motors has now shut down there LaWest facility, leaving around abruptly 40 people without jobs. Everyone single person in the office and the production lines have been fired. The company is no longer producing the trucks and vans LaWest was built on. They are continuing operations in Lawton, Michigan. (The previous location of Downs Manufacturing). I would do your research if you are planning on doing business with this company, and also look into their sketchy ties with Commerce Street Venture Group and Finato.

We have seen the "UK turnkey" price from Nigel Hulme questioned a few times , particularly when compared to a USA "roller" price. This is not quite fair as the two concepts are poles apart. The UK price is for a "complete" car, that is: duty paid on roller and drivetrain, full SVA approval, Roush fuel injected 427, RBT transaxle, warranty on everything and 171/2 % vat on top. If one takes the time to check any US sourced parts in the UK most are retailed for almost a one to one conversion. Volumes are also tiny compared to the US But Nigel has to maintain a full service capability as well. The Roller is available from Gerry for those that want to do all ther own work. I hope this helps explain the true situation.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
A little update on Legend Motors Worldwide. Legend Motors has now shut down there LaWest facility, leaving around abruptly 40 people without jobs. Everyone single person in the office and the production lines have been fired. The company is no longer producing the trucks and vans LaWest was built on. They are continuing operations in Lawton, Michigan. (The previous location of Downs Manufacturing). I would do your research if you are planning on doing business with this company, and also look into their sketchy ties with Commerce Street Venture Group and Finato.
Was just watching "Trucks" on Spike TV and saw a GT40 Replica in a shop. Turns out they're back (Legend Motors / Downs)

Legend Motors Worldwide

Legend Motors Worldwide Tribute Cars

Click on Tribute Cars - 1966 GT Mk. 1

Not much there but there is a PDF file with some pictures.
From the PDF:
RECOMMENDED POWERTRAIN
Ramjet Motor, 350HP @ 5,200RPM, 400 ft. lbs. @ 3,500RPM
Transmission: 4L60E, 4 speed automatic

So - with that transmission are we talking about a transverse mounted engine or a later Cadillac transaxle? ((Yeech!))

The TV show had a short glimpse of the chassis from the front and it was a square-tube space frame..

Looks like their shop is in Michigan.. They have a lot of nice Trucks and other Hot-Rods. Don't know what their quality is but from what they showed on Trucks, it looks pretty good..

Entry level equiped non-replica attempt to satisfy the dream of owning a 1966 race inspired legend, done on a strict budget to reduce the entry level pocket book, and maximize the operating financial money tree of the provider.

If it goes, someone will make money in the deal, and someone will see the entry level pocket book go down the drain.

Did I just hear a toilet flush????????

I think this is the 3rd or 4th time around for what was originally the GT40NZ package of Phil Ware...the Dave Harvey..etc etc

Corvette donor parts now used in the rear suspension if I remember rightly....also lengthened from the rear firewall back...to accomodate the donor parts.

Last edited:
Back