New Renderings.....

Fran,
They look fantastic! I love the rear shot of the Orange car, but agree with other comments on the headlights of the red car. Also the seat pinstriping is very nice attention to detail which really shows quality and craftsmanship. Greta job!

Brett

Just noticed this thread...

I am currently talking to Craig in Aus' about getting an SL-R.
I like the Warfield drawing and agree with TrevorM about the hoop supports.
Not a fan of the blunted front end.

Tim.

Last edited:
I really like the "blunt" front ends on these. I have always loved how minimal overhang in front of the front wheels looks on a car.

I will say that I think the Warfield design is not very appealing IMHO. I do like the idea of a molded engine cover that rises up to the hoops though, and the Warfield is a good example of that.

Would it be possible to see some other views of these?

I am just wondering if there has been any new movement on the SL-R? It has been a little while since the Zukun designs were released.

So Fran I know you are super busy and maybe this is now on the back burner, and your job is not to manage this forum, but if you have time to give us all an update I know it would make me happy.

I had initially liked the Warfield design but not so much any more. Now I really like the red Zukun design very much. I like the smooth blunt nose much more than on the yellow/orange design. So if elements of these designs are going to go into production then...

1) Go with the red cars front end and windscreen/mirror setup.

2) I still prefer the horizontal headlight treatment on the red car. If elements of the Zukun designs to go into production will these be available or is it left up to the customer to figure out lighting?

3) I like the red cars roll bar treatment MUCH more than the curved support. The red cars design might be hard to implement cost effectively but something different needs to be done with the curved support braces that exist now (I know if I buy one then I can do what I want to the roll bars but it would be nice to see RCR implement an alternative).

4) I like the yellow/orange cars side pods better. I was looking at other views that are on the Zukun website and I don't like how the closed off the engine compartment on the red car so I would definitely go with the yellow cars side pods because they look better and don't close off the sides or back around the engine.

5) I do like the engine cover on the yellow car, it is more sculpted and stylized than the one on the red car (red cars engine cover is too flat, and "boxy" looking. It looks conspicuously like a hasty after thought. Yellow car is much better). It seems clear from all those who have responded here that most customers will want some kind of engine cover.

6) As I said before the design of the cycle fenders are a must and the ones on either Zukun design are great (MUCH better than the originals).

Basically what I am saying is go with the front end of the red car and the sides and back end of the yellow car but with a different roll bar treatment.

I really hope that these designs do go into production in some form and I look forward to an update.

I know this is the "yellow car" (but in red) and I still think I like the smooth front end and horizontal headlights of the "red car", but damn this looks good!

snow.jpg

Here are a few modifications on my car. I'm extending the two side pods so that they extend to the edge of the rear tires. The pod for the Digidash is also smoothed into the hood with a hole cut into it so that the wires are accesible.

fiberglass005.jpg

fiberglass006.jpg

fiberglass002.jpg

Fran is there any hopes to a new upper scale SL-R, I really like the Nemisis for the body but not sure if it will be street legal in Ontario. I liked the SL-R renderings, the current F1 nose just doesn't do it for me.

Not in the near future...

Making production body panels is very expensive and time consuming....

The currect market sector for the SL-R does not warrant that kind of finiancial or time commitment at present....
As I have mentioned elsewhere the cost of the car would rise considerablyand I dont feel that a purchasing demographic currently exist beyond one or two here and there....

I would like to be proved wrong....

Back