New Roaring Forties Opinion

Hey Bob. sorry about the late reply.

I like the interest you guys have in the weekend social/track day events & the enthusiasm for the barby/cruise/information/social day operation.

We (RF2) wish to manufacture these types of events - it works to keep all builders in the know as to product quality and quantity, to make your build come to fruition, as well as to share in the fun of having a car totally built, and (maybe) showing it off.... in a social environment and/or sporting environment.

I believe most of that could work for most people, and as such we're planning events to make this happen.

One thing I'd like to know is exactly what individuals want in the following regard.

Track days - some people wish for track days with less cars around them on the track so they can do their own thing, and others wish for competative situations. Horses for courses.

We'd like to arrange future days out on the track to satisfy both, and all the in between, so we can all have a good day out. We wish to cater for all involved.... not that difficult, really. This can all be structured within in one day, with plenty of track and show time for all.
These events can be done in any state in Australia - we have interested people nationally. We just need to know where the interest is.

Hiring a track is semi expensive, but with like minded folks involved, we can set up a good day out. With good services to support the day.
The main thing I need to know is what each individual wishes out of such a day, so the day is fulfilling to all involved.

I can send out a flyer to measure what individuals wish to have on such a day out - which I will.
Just let me know what what events you wish to be a part of. Sprints, races, time trials, show days, shine events, etc.

It would be easier for you folks to email me at "[email protected]" to gather the interest.
(I'll receive information quicker on email than my checking of forum contacts, judged from past performance ...)

The more we know about what is desired from people on such a day, as a track and social day, will directly impact on the effectiveness of the event.
So please send me your thoughts regarding the day you would like to be a part of.
You have a power to have a say on how the day is designed!

Apart from that, we are planning another factory day at the RF Factory, probably mid August, to show and share developments with the RF GT40 product, as well as general build information about how to build ICV's.

Paul (our compliance certification engineer) will be onsite to speak to people on compliance and registration requirements, and other engineering subjects - so please get your questions arranged to make your build and compliance work as best it can for you.

I apologise that this post is lengthy, but I feel people need to be in the know of what is going on, and I have trouble being on the forums' as much as I should, to make it a real time conversation.

Have fun.

Jonathan.

John

Where have you been?

RF GT40 Australia is under new ownership.

Let me make a few points about this new ownership and Hershal whom you refer. Perhaps this will satisfy your 'undeserved attention' of Hershal 'once and for all'.

#1 RF GT40 has new owners. They have been here on the forum for a while now. Talking to us all, answering questions, and helping all owners new and old.

#2 RF GT40's new owners are working hard to support the people who purchased under the old ownership of Robert Logan. They have organised social days,events and email links to all - both Roberts purchasers and their own purchasers of the new RF GT40's.

#3 Robert Logan is working in education and has no link in anyway to the new RF GT40. In addition, I personally know the new owners have no link or dialogue with Robert Logan.

#4 Hershal B. the USA distributor was a listed creditor with receivers during the collapse of the old RF GT40 company - well over $100,000. Additionally, he did not make one dollar ($1.00) during his role as a distributor as he converted this money to a new GT40 kit - one that never arrived. He lost the kit along with the $100,000.

This is fact and is in writing. I inspected all accounts and spreadsheets belonging to Hershal, at the request of two Australian kit owners.

I am more than satisfied with what I saw, so are the receivers and so are the legal/lawyers.

#5 I have been speaking with both Hershal and the new owners of RF GT40, with the aim of getting them together. As Hershal has the utmost respect from all who know him personally and all who really know what happened to him.

I addition, a number of us have been trying to get Hershal back as a distributor selling/distributing RF GT40's again. Hershal has a lot of respect with kit owners in the USA whom know and have been helped with their build, at Hershals cost and no charge to the owners.

Also, I am trying to get Hereshal back on the GT40 Forum here. He has been a real support to all kit owners as I said above. He has been a friend and is a friend of many here.

#6 I have the utmost respect for Hershal and I stand next to him to support and challenge anyone who questions his honesty and integrity. I will also put my money where my mouth is, and legally challenge/litigate against anyone who degrades or slanders him here on this 'public' forum, or in any other public forum/place.

I have both the money, along with the real desire to take anyone on in court, on either Hershal's or my part.

Please take this as a caution, or warning to be careful - this is not a threat. This is just a real commitment of support to Hershal an honest man who should be treated accordingly. An honest man that I am proud to call a friend, a man that many will call a friend.

So again, be cautious with what is stated on this forum or in public regarding distributors in particular Hershal B. Think before you 'Post'.

At the end of the day, this 'Post' is one to support the new owners of RF GT40 Australia. They are 'new owners'.

I have had taken a tour of their factory and can assure any owners, or new owners that RF GT40 is in good hands. Both owners are professional engineers - professional businessmen and enthusiasts alike.

So lets just get on with things and support the new guys RF GT40 Australia and leave the old distributors alone.

Let's instead encourage Hershal to get back on his feet and have a go again, with a product he loves, breathes and drives. After all he is an honest man, an enthusiast and friend to many, so why not offer him our support now.

Good luck all and stay safe.

Bernie Knight
GT40 Australia #87

Last edited:
(Quote) As a Mech Engineer, I can also say that their parts and engineering are up to scratch, unlike some parts and systems that have been previously associated with the RF brand.

As the recipient of the last Kit to come out of the old RF, I would be interested to know what you consider to be the deficiencies to be of the parts and systems. I have found a few but you can with any kit!

Chris

(Quote) As a Mech Engineer, I can also say that their parts and engineering are up to scratch, unlike some parts and systems that have been previously associated with the RF brand.

As the recipient of the last Kit to come out of the old RF, I would be interested to know what you consider to be the deficiencies to be of the parts and systems. I have found a few but you can with any kit!

Chris

Nothing too bad, just make your own descisions regarding little things like seatbelt selection, use of cast centres welded to spun rims, stub axle bearing loads etc. etc.

My car is an an "old" RF, and I'm happy to take the risk on a few of these bits and peices, but I have been impressed with the problem solving that has gone into the cars under the new ownership.

I wasn't trying to scare owners of an RF1. All kit cars have deficiencies as you say, my particular ergonomic issue is that my car leaks like a sieve (which I'm sorting at the moment). I am happy taking the risk of a car with a little "artistic license" in the engineering department, but it is important, to know that there are things in say a modern production car that would be less likely to fail, and safer. It's just a matter of keeping an eye on things, and being happy with the given risk level.

Experienced compliance engineers with a particular vehicle type are more likely to know these things from a wider breadth of experience, and recommend ways to solve these problems.

I come from the world of the 70's kit car (Bolwell-the aussie icon) where anything goes, so no matter what you strap to an RF/cav/any other gt chassis, it's going to be o.k.

Bernie! Why would you go to such great lengths to protect somone if integrity is not a issue... true? Your low keyed threats makes me wonder who you get into business with. Number 1 business rule is not to rehire old help. If it is a fresh company... don't you want sombody new?. If you want to rehire key people that worked for Logan, why haven't you talked to Jerry Jansing?.He is Your Man!! Your post is 70% protecting Hershal and any slanderous comments...Why? this boggals my mind. As a old Rf owner does that mean that I have to go through Bird to get parts? Just because you trust him does not mean that every thing is Good? My dealings with Bird were to say the least the different direction than what you claim. My post is not slanderous just fact!! it is only slanderous if it is not true. We can discuss this in pm's if you desire..

JOHN

Hi John,

I just thought I'd shoot through answers to your questions which are specific to RF, and that couldn't be answered by people outside of RF. I appreciated your good wishes in previous posts so thought these questions had been covered however in my opinion your posts reek of a conspiracy theory re RF1, RF2, RL, reps etc.

"If it is a fresh company... "

This question is getting a bit tired. Once again, it is a new company, new ABN (Australian Business Number) with new Directors, some new designs and no link to RL. I'm not sure how to make this any clearer.

"don't you want sombody new?"

Only if you believe your business rule number 1. Perhaps we will anyway - we haven't decided.

"why haven't you talked to Jerry Jansing?"

How do you know we haven't ?

"As a old Rf owner does that mean that I have to go through Bird to get parts? "

Presently parts ordering is direct through RF. IF we end up with a rep in the US, typically parts would be ordered through said rep.

"We can discuss this in pm's if you desire.. "

Great Idea

For what it's worth, all dealing so far with Jerry, Hershal and Bernie have been very informative and pleasant. I tend to listen to most people upfront and then try to sort the wheat from the chalf. Anyone who ignores business advice or indeed RF1 background info from people as friendly and sucessful as these three gentlemen, I believe, does so at their peril.

I hope this clarifies the RF direct issues for you, please advise if you would like more info

Regards Paul

Chris

Hi Chris,

No deficiencies, just potential areas for optimisation !!

But really, all cars and products and kits evolve and some areas which required attention on the RF cars early in RF2 were due to compliance issues and Australian Standards changes

- seatbelts
- introduction of the 5.4 mod engine
- changes to the BRM wheels and their mounting systems

more recently we have been working on
- new front suspension uprights, revised geometry
- ditto rear suspension
- brake systems

These are broad brush descriptions, the details of which I will start to post perhaps when the suspension changes are done. Wherever possible the changes are retrofittable.

There is hardly a part which hasn’t been RF2’d but there are various reasons for changing parts – safety, performance, cost, ergonomics etc etc.

If there is a particular part you are wondering about please drop me a PM or email and I’ll see if we have it on target or have changed it already.

How is your project progressing besides these potential areas for improvement ?

Regards Paul

John

Where have you been?

RF GT40 Australia is under new ownership.

Let me make a few points about this new ownership and Hershal whom you refer. Perhaps this will satisfy your 'undeserved attention' of Hershal 'once and for all'.

#1 RF GT40 has new owners. They have been here on the forum for a while now. Talking to us all, answering questions, and helping all owners new and old.

#2 RF GT40's new owners are working hard to support the people who purchased under the old ownership of Robert Logan. They have organised social days,events and email links to all - both Roberts purchasers and their own purchasers of the new RF GT40's.

#3 Robert Logan is working in education and has no link in anyway to the new RF GT40. In addition, I personally know the new owners have no link or dialogue with Robert Logan.

#4 Hershal B. the USA distributor was a listed creditor with receivers during the collapse of the old RF GT40 company - well over $100,000. Additionally, he did not make one dollar ($1.00) during his role as a distributor as he converted this money to a new GT40 kit - one that never arrived. He lost the kit along with the $100,000.

This is fact and is in writing. I inspected all accounts and spreadsheets belonging to Hershal, at the request of two Australian kit owners.

I am more than satisfied with what I saw, so are the receivers and so are the legal/lawyers.

#5 I have been speaking with both Hershal and the new owners of RF GT40, with the aim of getting them together. As Hershal has the utmost respect from all who know him personally and all who really know what happened to him.

I addition, a number of us have been trying to get Hershal back as a distributor selling/distributing RF GT40's again. Hershal has a lot of respect with kit owners in the USA whom know and have been helped with their build, at Hershals cost and no charge to the owners.

Also, I am trying to get Hereshal back on the GT40 Forum here. He has been a real support to all kit owners as I said above. He has been a friend and is a friend of many here.

#6 I have the utmost respect for Hershal and I stand next to him to support and challenge anyone who questions his honesty and integrity. I will also put my money where my mouth is, and legally challenge/litigate against anyone who degrades or slanders him here on this 'public' forum, or in any other public forum/place.

I have both the money, along with the real desire to take anyone on in court, on either Hershal's or my part.

Please take this as a caution, or warning to be careful - this is not a threat. This is just a real commitment of support to Hershal an honest man who should be treated accordingly. An honest man that I am proud to call a friend, a man that many will call a friend.

So again, be cautious with what is stated on this forum or in public regarding distributors in particular Hershal B. Think before you 'Post'.

At the end of the day, this 'Post' is one to support the new owners of RF GT40 Australia. They are 'new owners'.

I have had taken a tour of their factory and can assure any owners, or new owners that RF GT40 is in good hands. Both owners are professional engineers - professional businessmen and enthusiasts alike.

So lets just get on with things and support the new guys RF GT40 Australia and leave the old distributors alone.

Let's instead encourage Hershal to get back on his feet and have a go again, with a product he loves, breathes and drives. After all he is an honest man, an enthusiast and friend to many, so why not offer him our support now.

Good luck all and stay safe.

Bernie Knight
GT40 Australia #87

Hi Bernie,

Thank you very much for your support - very well worded and SHOULD answer everyone's questions although it seems the message is difficult to get through to some people sometimes.

Thanks also for your encouragement for what we are trying to achieve for both new old present clients and the business growth itself. This does benefit both business and vehicle owners as the product evolves and improves.

Bernie and Harshal were kind enough to take the time out to come and visit us and share some background, advice and support for RF2. We respect and appreciate that attitude and I hope we can work together to get the whole US side moving again, even if (at the current US va AUD) it is parts support to start.

Regards Paul

John/Oliver

I'm not sure what your point is about protecting someone and the issue of integrity.

I'm sorry, but in the real world I thought that we protected our friends until such time the issue of integrity that you refer becomes questionable.

This is not the case with the gentleman previously mentioned above in my 'Post'.

You and I have been down this path before under your name of 'Oliver' on this and other forums.

Suffice to say I'm not going to qualify or quantify my business dealings of business associates with you - I respect them and believe they have the integrity that you refer.

To the point of quote 'low key threats' you miss my point. Put simply, I'm saying that I will defend, protect my name and my friends names through the relevant court system.

This is the least that I can do for the man you constantly question. This man has completed two tours of Vietnam on the frontline protecting you and yours.

In addition, he has over 20 years of Police service many in Homicide as a Detective Sergeant. Service that has seen him put his life on the line so that you and your family can sleep soundly at night.

John/Oliver please give this a rest and leave it alone once and for all.

Stay safe all.

Bernie

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Fellows,

I'd suggest giving it a rest. RF I is gone and the matter is settled. If you want to continue discussions about past dealings with the original Roaring Forties, Mr. Logan, and various agents please do it via PMs or emails.

There are clearly various sides in such a discussion and I don't think it possible to ever get a completely accurate and truthful representation of every aspect of the RF I collapse. Having disagreements over these details doesn't do any of us any good. Everyone has opinions dealing with the matter but debating them doesn't change a thing.

Besides all of that, a few of us are tired about reading about RF I and Mr. Logan. I know I am. I'm ready to move on.

If you want to discuss The New Roaring Forties then let's pick that up on another thread with a positive timbre.

Take care,
Ron

Back