Newey crash at Classic Le Mans

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Which is mine

As above - The one with the number plate (and tax disk!). lol. This was taken before the race - I gather the driver of 1010 was burnt?
If you read this - best wishes.

Last edited:

Keith

A circular piece of paper or certificate issued by the UK DVLA signifying that you have had a onerous amount of tax pounds forcibly on pain of death or worse extracted from your pitiful assets originally and laughably called the "road fund licence" implying that it goes to pay for road repairs and improvements when all along you have a sneaking suspicion that it provides fishing rods, luxury accomodation and pre-owned cars to asylum seekers in Dover, that kind of thing. :mad:

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Keith1 said:
A circular piece of paper or certificate issued by the UK DVLA signifying that you have had a onerous amount of tax pounds forcibly on pain of death or worse extracted from your pitiful assets originally and laughably called the "road fund licence" implying that it goes to pay for road repairs and improvements when all along you have a sneaking suspicion that it provides fishing rods, luxury accomodation and pre-owned cars to asylum seekers in Dover, that kind of thing. :mad:

I think that describes it precisely!

P1010

I hope Mr Newleys OK and wish him all the best. I am pretty certain that his car had a MKII nose since it had the jacks and humps over the wheels. But it still might be a MKI if it has a Nascar duct just in front of the centre of the windscreen. I wish the driver of P1062 a speedy recovery.
Regards Allan

Last edited:
RichardH said:
Nice piccies of the front Disk cooling system too. How are they mounted? Do any of the road cars use this or isnt it necessary?

ps you guys might like to see this - parked in error by the marshals on Thursday........ not that I am complaining - next to 1010

It's a shame Remy Kauffiesen couldn't be at Le Mans (with my ex GTD) as there could have been three Essex Wire colour cars parked together, & as they say you can't beat a threesome!!
Remy really has done it justice.

Attachments

• GTD 40 essex bearman wire 001.jpg
    GTD 40 essex bearman wire 001.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 839
  • GTD 40 essex bearman wire 002.jpg
    GTD 40 essex bearman wire 002.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 840
Back