Nice looking Tornado for sale

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
If I've got the exchange rate correct, the price is about $53,000 US. Is that what fully equipped, used 40s sell for in Europe?

Hi Steve,
it's a bit more expensive than others I've seen recently, but saying that, the build quality looks to be excellent and it has some nice features. Also it's being sold through a dealer who obviously expect thier cut. It would be nice to know who's car it actually is. A nice piece of kit this one. Unfortunately I have just checked the lottery, no good, so can't buy it yet.!! Pity.

That is a real shame,
if you see him or he is reading this, congratulations and well done on a really nice looking car. I wish I could afford it!!

I thought for a dealer £30k was probably about right, given they have to factor in giving the customer a "discount" off the screen price?

Sovereign seem to have a fair few GT40 replicas for sale in autotrader.

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Looks good for the money actually, wouldn't count on getting anything off the screen price though. Looked at a GTD there earlier in the year & the salesman said wouldn't drop anything off of the £30k price, not a particularly helpful guy either.
If this was in there when I looked before I probably would have bought it instead of the RCR.

Sat in it today. Very nice car. Builder is obviously a clever guy. Lots of little mods. No air-con though and he allegedly is an air-con engineer! According to the garage about 15 'serious' enquiries so far with a french guy flying in today to see it. Unfortunately my dainty size 7 feet mean only my toes can touch the top hung pedals.

Ian

kev_the_mole said:
Unfortunately my dainty size 7 feet mean only my toes can touch the top hung pedals.

Ian

Hi Ian,

You could always support your feet at the bottom of the footwell using some thicker carpet/a block of mdf or similar?

Simon

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mdf in a thoroughbred???? What about a nicely fabricated aluminium heel support? Or fabricate longer pedals? QED

Cheers

Nope!

I don't like the idea of having to modify something I've just bought so the 'cunning' plan is to continue with option A of getting a RCR built that takes into account my rather dainty feet, restricted height and, unfortunately, fat @rse!

Cheers,

Ian

Back