Nick Smith

I have to report the sad news that Nick Smith, a well-known member of the Surrey Area suffered a fatal heart attack on Saturday.
Club members will have read Nick's article on getting his Tornado through SVA in Fortyfication 82 in June. I had lunch with him last Thursday and he was full of the modifications he was doing to his car in preparation for the Le Mans trip next July.
Nick was a true gentlemen, a lovely man with a wicked sense of humour and a true Club enthusiast.
Janet and I are in touch with Montserrat and are giving her as much support as we can in her trying time.
I will post details of the funeral when they are known.

Re: Nick Smith - Funeral Arrangements

Nick Smith's funeral will be held at Mortlake Crematorium, Kew Meadow Path, RICHMOND TW9 4EN at 2pm on Monday, 19th October with a reception afterwards at the Pissaro Restaurant, Corney Reach Way, Corney Road, CHISWICK W4 2UG.
I have more detailed directions, so if anyone wants to attend, please e-mail me and I will send them.
Anyone from the GT40 community who intends to go, please let me know by Saturday evening and I will pass the consolidated list to Montserrat.
Tony Hunt

As chairman of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club I'd like to pass on my condolences, but as friend and fellow GT40 enthusiast, I'd like to pass on my thoughts and prayers for a true gentleman who'll be sadly missed... Andrew Komosa

There was a good attendance at Nick's funeral today - 4 members and wives.
Montserrat was very appreciative of our effort.
During the service we discovered that Nick was much more versatile and achieved much more than his quiet, unassuming nature would have suggested.
There will be an obituary in the December magazine.

Back