No more France in 2009 formula 1 season

this is simply incredible:

Grand Prix de France - Formule 1 : 28 juin 2009

imho France always have been a too important Country for motorsport and automotive in general.
Loose this Country in 2009 GP calendar is too bad (how many incredible tracks we can remind there?,...Rouen, le mans, Dijion, le Castellet, and many many others.....)
France was one of the first Country inventing school for young pilots (elf school)..we had Arnoux, Pironi..Tambay from that...and now?all lost?..MAH!!

What will be next?..no more Monza or no more Silverstone for maybe new shitty tracks done somewhere in Dubai or santo domingo?

Modern formula one has (also) the problem to miss nice tracks where u really can see the value of pilots...going on this way it will be even worst.

really no words, just sadness for french enthusiast.....:stunned:

Last edited:

Keith

You are right Paulo - and considering France was the original venue for "Grand Prix" racing it's a sad day indeed. Magny Curse is not a good place for the FGP and never has been. Dijon, Paul Ricard and Autodrome de Montlhéry were all classic circuits and I believe La Sarthe was the venue of the very first world championship race along with Monza and Indianapolis believe it or not - there may have been others but memory has failed unfortunately. Silverstone came later, but I still think it one of the very best circuits ever.

Unfortunately, if it isn't shiny, posh and expensive, the Midget isn't interested and what makes it worse is that the Eastern hemisphere will probably survive better than us lot (in the West) in terms of available cash and sponsorship over the next 2 years.... :sad:

me thinks that following the NASCAR format (of late for the $$$) has driven toward more asian & mid-East circuits. How about Spain inplace of Monaco?? Prelude to an opportunity. See what I mean.

You are right Paulo - and considering France was the original venue for "Grand Prix" racing it's a sad day indeed. Magny Curse is not a good place for the FGP and never has been. Dijon, Paul Ricard and Autodrome de Montlhéry were all classic circuits and I believe La Sarthe was the venue of the very first world championship race along with Monza and Indianapolis believe it or not - there may have been others but memory has failed unfortunately. Silverstone came later, but I still think it one of the very best circuits ever.

Unfortunately, if it isn't shiny, posh and expensive, the Midget isn't interested and what makes it worse is that the Eastern hemisphere will probably survive better than us lot (in the West) in terms of available cash and sponsorship over the next 2 years.... :sad:

The first World Driver's Championship Grand Prix was at Silverstone. The first race referred to as a "Grand Prix" was held at La Sarthe. (in 1903?) In fact, the very first French Grand Prix was held in 1968 (at Rouen). Previously, the race in France was "The Grand Prix"....

And yes, the pre-1992 Silverstone layout was superb. To a certain extent I preferred the later setup with the slow chicane, rather than the earlier quick one or the near flat woodcote - but we're digressing.

The poison dwarf is well on the way to neutering every existing GP that has any form of "traditional" appeal. Monza may soon be the only survivor, and we all know why.....

Silverstone is one of the maximum example of how to ruin a too nice and cool track.
The old version is one of my favourite ever (specially 1967 one..),simply too fast..

I am not surprised also pilots loose interest and passion driving in tracks as today ones.. all this too sad, really :(

Every year we heard neaws about..last season for Monza. there are too many problems there,including people complaining too much for engine noise(many habitants there near are politics..)
Every time u see a Monza gp..is just for lucky, believe me.
Ferrari already lost Imola,the track is owned by theme (the new version will be perfect for modern formula one..but they have deleted it anyway cause 2 gp in italy arent so nice..), as well as for Mugello in Tuscany.
All those tracks are much nicer than Monza imho.

I'd like to be positive anyway ;)...maybe in the future some arab multi milionaire (or somewhere inside Australian desert...really BETTER) can rebuild all our beloved tracks....somewhere in the desert,they have space:)
Dintd they make clones of Venezia,and of the white house?...so why not ;)?
I think MANY MANY around think as we do....

Last edited:
F1- "Show Me The Money" The way they are going they will price themselves out of business. They way the economy is going they may end up with a field of three or four cars if some of the car manufacturers pull out. European television rights and media sponsorship will follow when they(races) start leaving the European Market.
Dave

Silverstone is one of the maximum example of how to ruin a too nice and cool track.
The old version is one of my favourite ever (specially 1967 one..),simply too fast..

I am not surprised also pilots loose interest and passion driving in tracks as today ones.. all this too sad, really :(

Every year we heard neaws about..last season for Monza. there are too many problems there,including people complaining too much for engine noise(many habitants there near are politics..)
Every time u see a Monza gp..is just for lucky, believe me.
Ferrari already lost Imola,the track is owned by theme (the new version will be perfect for modern formula one..but they have deleted it anyway cause 2 gp in italy arent so nice..), as well as for Mugello in Tuscany.
All those tracks are much nicer than Monza imho.

I'd like to be positive anyway ;)...maybe in the future some arab multi milionaire (or somewhere inside Australian desert...really BETTER) can rebuild all our beloved tracks....somewhere in the desert,they have space:)
Dintd they make clones of Venezia,and of the white house?...so why not ;)?
I think MANY MANY around think as we do....

There are nowadays very few opportunities to sort the men from the boys on a racetrack. Once upon a time the fastest drivers could be spotted by the wheelbarrow they carried their cojones in....

For me, the Osterreichring would be perfect to recreate. Alain Prost said the track was perfect as it was, just add some runoff. Sadly they couldn't help but play with it.:evil:

Back