Noobie say Hi

Hi Guys and Gals.

I have been viewing the forum for a long time and now that I am close to jumping in at the deepend of ownership, I would appreciate any advice you can offer regarding the KVA brand of GT40.

I am considering a part built KVA car as offered for sale on this forum. From what I can make out the chassis is a 'C' type. Is that a correct assumption?

My main concern is how would a total novice such as myself be able to work out what is and is not present and required to complete such a vehicle? What I don't want to happen is to find out too late, that the cost of extra parts (when added to the purchase price) would exceed the cost of a completed car, (if you know what I mean).

I have also read that KVA's tend to be not too exact regarding the chassis/steering geometry. Is this something that can easily be remedied?

I have trawled through the search function and found little actual advice regarding the pro's and con's of the KVA. I do not wish to offend any owners, but can I assume that in general, the KVA is regarded as the entry level marque when compared to GTD/RF/Tornado etc?

I geuss that with enough money, anything is possible, but as a general rule, how difficult is it to get a KVA chassis setup well for road and trackday use?

I guess that I should stop the bombardment now LOL and look forward to any advice you can offer.

TIA,
Mark

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Mark

Have a read at http://www.gt40.co.uk/gt40.html
Robin Sundt gives a good description of what he did during his build.

Also it all depends on what you plan to do with the car -only road to only race makes a big difference also how much power you want? Chris Edwards in his 3.5 Rover KVA probably did more laps at Goodwood last month in very Wet conditions than people with a lot more power..

Also join the clubs in the UK and the information will, i'm sure be forthcoming

Ian

Thanks Ian.

I will want a car that is streetable, but intend to do alot of track time, perhaps even get back into the sprint/hillclimb scene after almost two decades or away.

My every day car atm is an '88 911 , so the 40 must have a) More power than the 911 and b) be significantly quicker.

Back