Oh my god!!

Dave,
You better wax up your skis.
Dave

Actually i better get some..... GT40 Skidoo now there's a thought...lol

Been told to expect a fair bit of rain when we get there... but hell i'm english, we're used to rain........ bring it on B.C!!!!

Hey Dave, welcome to B.C. I am in Kelowna B.C. and am also waiting for my chance to own an RCR one day. Fran is great! Currently I drive the heck out of my 77 Lotus esprit. Please email me once you arrive. I am only about three hours from you [email protected]

Hey Dave, welcome to B.C. I am in Kelowna B.C. and am also waiting for my chance to own an RCR one day. Fran is great! Currently I drive the heck out of my 77 Lotus esprit. Please email me once you arrive. I am only about three hours from you [email protected]

Lol... that still makes me chuckle (something i'll have to get used to)...only 3 hours, you could get to yorkshire in that time :laugh:
We english aren't used to that distance being "only" ...hehe

Thanks for the welcome... it'll be nice to know some people when i get there.

Currently waiting for our work visa's to come through and the completion date for our house..... pretty much our whole lives are packed in boxes at the moment.

Thanks again, can't wait until we fly out.

I do hope i can sort something out with Fran (RCR)... only other option is to try and buy a second hand GT40 strip it and rebuild it the way i want, but then there's finding one / the money for it too.

Canada.... Lovely country, but not Kit Car friendly.

We already have some cars in Canada...
RCR40 and also SL-C...

Looking forward to hearing from you..

Good luck with the move...I made the leap to the US 14 years ago.

I have never regretted it...

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Lol... that still makes me chuckle (something i'll have to get used to)...only 3 hours, you could get to yorkshire in that time :laugh:
We english aren't used to that distance being "only" ...hehe...

Where I live I'm ONLY 2.5 hours from Austin, 2.5 hours from Ft. Worth, 3 hours from Dallas, and 1.5 hours from Abilene. Texas is enormous, it's 5 hours from here to Midland/Odessa and 6.5 Hours from here to Carlsbad, NM (inlaws live there). In order to visit my family in Alabama, it's a 15 hour trip. No more tiny Europe, welcome to the great big vast expanses of North America. Hehehe

Laters,

Brian

Where I live I'm ONLY 2.5 hours from Austin, 2.5 hours from Ft. Worth, 3 hours from Dallas, and 1.5 hours from Abilene. Texas is enormous, it's 5 hours from here to Midland/Odessa and 6.5 Hours from here to Carlsbad, NM (inlaws live there). In order to visit my family in Alabama, it's a 15 hour trip. No more tiny Europe, welcome to the great big vast expanses of North America. Hehehe

Laters,

Brian

I still can't get over the size of the place.... B.C. is about 4 times the size of the whole of the UK.... it's a hard thing to get for us brits, an hours drive is a fair trek for us.....lol

Fran... frankly i can't wait, we're so close now just a bit more red tape to get through and we'll be sorted... where abouts are you from???

Just about cracked transportation of my Guitar.... hopefully B.A won't be able to break it.... fingers crossed.

Dave,
I am closer to Fran than you will be. I still haven't made the trip he's about 4.5 to 5 hrs away from me. I would rent for a while and see how the housing market goes where you are going. There is some talk of our market taking a drop. Keep your eyes open when you get to Kelona and try to find a place with a nice big shop out back and a bit of land. Take the wife up to Whistler first before you start talking cars.
Dave

Dave,
I am closer to Fran than you will be. I still haven't made the trip he's about 4.5 to 5 hrs away from me. I would rent for a while and see how the housing market goes where you are going. There is some talk of our market taking a drop. Keep your eyes open when you get to Kelona and try to find a place with a nice big shop out back and a bit of land. Take the wife up to Whistler first before you start talking cars.
Dave

Yeah... we're already hooked up with a rental in Abbotsford.

2000 sqft... all bills, cable, internet... included $600 per month.

We can't buy straight away anyway, i'm waiting for a bit of land to sell, it's in the final throws... just waiting for the UK govs to pull their collective fingers out... roll of 10th November.

Fran is a great guy. I have spoken with him regarding his cars. he will be able to help us when we are ready. Perhap a trip out to see Fran maight be a good idea, once you are settled we can talk about doing just that.
I am originally from Essex I came out to Canada when I was three.
One step at a time...

Fran is a great guy. I have spoken with him regarding his cars. he will be able to help us when we are ready. Perhap a trip out to see Fran maight be a good idea, once you are settled we can talk about doing just that.
I am originally from Essex I came out to Canada when I was three.
One step at a time...

Sounds like a great idea.... might be a while for me as we have to do a few things before i can really get to building a GT40.... get there, buy a house... you know, the little things...lol

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
...Perhap a trip out to see Fran might be a good idea, once you are settled we can talk about doing just that...

Strongly suggest you don't make the trip unless you're fully prepared to write that check. As nearly everyone knows, Fran doesn't play fair. Yeah, yeah - he's a nice guy over the phone, and just as sweet as can be via email... but when he finally get's you into the shop, that's when his team really exerts the high-pressure salesmanship... doing nasty things like inviting you to get a real close look at the SLR, or sit in a 40, or maybe (heaven forbid) go for a ride in the 7-litre SLC. Horrible, horrible things like that. I know. I've been there.

If you go to Detroit, you do so at your own peril...

Exactly for that reason when I visited Fran I left my checkbook at home. Alas, to no avail, As soon as I arrived home I wire transferred the funds...

If you visit, be prepared like a kid in a candy store!

:eek:.... and it's not like i can depend on my Girlfriend to be the voice of reason.... she "made";) me buy a £3300 guitar.... (it was on sale RRP was £5000 bargin really).

Cheers guys i'll prepare myself for the worst.....:)

Back