Original MKIII

Re: Replica MKIII

Probably because he did not have enough money to buy one and he had the common sense to realise that ZF,s are not always the right way to go.Why keep on pulling the car and the price apart?

This is a superb build and i for one hope that he sells it for near that price because your are not going to get another Mk 111 like it.

Graham @ GTA.

As a quick follow on from my last post can i just ask the two previos writers who are being so critical of this gearbox aspect why they are fitting non original parts to their original and replica vehicles??

Ron Earp

Admin

Good question Graham.

The MKIII in questoin is a replica, no matter how you slice it, and adding a ZF gearbox used in 1075 for a season won't make it an original - as some folks like to be quick to point out. If the box in it does the job then it does what it is intended.

Of course, I shouldn't talk, I think putting a non-Ford engine in one is heresy while clearly with a replica it doesn't matter much.

Shameless Moderator, This is the section for “ORIGINAL” Kits, how dare you post here?!!

Original equipment, Farm Engines (FE), 4 speed 300lb transaxles, Poly bias tires and 20” steering wheels are a must. Anything other than that is a sacrilege. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That MKIII looks great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Check some more detailed photos of the MkIII replica on the GT40 Enthusiasts website on http://www.gt40enthusiastsclub.com/events/Stoneleigh05/MkIII/MkIII.htm

It was a very beautiful example but like every other car on the stand at Stoneleigh a replica which was very evident as soon as the clips were lifted.

Make sure you maximise the windows to get the full resolution (1024 x 768) - I do have 3Mb images if anyone wants them.

Back