P/1046 Restoration Making News

We have already hired a pro film crew for the full video series and documentation of the restoration. The initial images were shot with camera phones on the spot to capture the moment. The video series will be broadcast quality and will blow you away!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Rubbing hands together briskly with beads of sweat forming on my brow in anticipation....

I am hoping that you will share the process here as you progress!!!

I will share exclusive images and short videos as they become available. We are working on so much right now- it will take a little time before I have anything.

Hey gents. I have some images to share with the forum. Where on the forum should I post them now and for future restoration updates?

Thanks!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hey gents. I have some images to share with the forum. Where on the forum should I post them now and for future restoration updates?

Thanks!

Hi Jeff - please share them within this thread.
There is a reply window on the bottom of your screen and above the white message box, there is a little mountain scene picture, if you click on that you can enter the URL of the image. Or, you can go to the Advance Reply and find the part of the screen that says Manage Attachments and you can upload the pictures to Gt40s.com for safekeeping and display on the thread..

Here is the first window I spoke of

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 369
Here are exclusive images of the chassis after blasting. Now more research and documentation begins. Enjoy!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 648
  • FullSizeRender[3].jpg
    FullSizeRender[3].jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 691
  • FullSizeRender[5].jpg
    FullSizeRender[5].jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 569
  • FullSizeRender[10].jpg
    FullSizeRender[10].jpg
    178 KB · Views: 649
  • FullSizeRender[14].jpg
    FullSizeRender[14].jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 626
Yeah, right ! The question is : remove it for the sake of originality, or keep it for FIA historic racing ? (I wish I had to wonder about such a dilemma :shy:)

Excellent chassis pictures. Looks to be in good shape with a nice patina. The roll cage was added either when the car was used for testing or in 1967 when the car was modified to MKIIB specifications. I guess they would have to remove it if they are restoring in back to 1966 Le Mans specifications.

I'm not certain what will become of the roll cage, but it was added after the big race. That choice will be up to the restoration shop and the owner. Here's a sneak peak at the teaser video that kicks off the 7-video series. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

http://youtu.be/CxtVPqKFOF0

Dave Collins

Supporter
Thanks for the excellent images. Really looking forward to following your work over the next year. Hopefully once you are done we will get to see the car back in Europe at some point although I guess not for 2016 at Le Mans as that will be before Pebble Beach.

Dave

Knowing the owner, he will most likely drive the car following restoration and then it could wind up here, at RK Motors in his private collection. Like his F40, this will be a keeper in the collection.

Here are more exclusive images of the blasted chassis...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender[13].jpg
    FullSizeRender[13].jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 459
  • FullSizeRender[12].jpg
    FullSizeRender[12].jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 472
  • FullSizeRender[9].jpg
    FullSizeRender[9].jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 495
  • FullSizeRender[4].jpg
    FullSizeRender[4].jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 445
  • FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 444
Jeff, very nice and thanks for keeping us posted.

Can you check that youtube link address? I can't get it to load.

Back