P 1051

Having recently acquired a slide scanner, I am finally able to digitize my old slides at will.

Please excuse the condition of these; the dust has been included at no extra charge.

These shots are apparently of P 1051, and were taken at Watkins Glen, N.Y. The car almost appears to be silver, but is in fact a light gold color.

GT401jpeg-vi.jpg

It appears to have Halibrands on the front while retaining the original Borranis on the rear.

GT402jpeg-vi.jpg

William Rattey of R.I. purchased this car in January 1970, according to my references.

GT403jpeg-vi.jpg

The tag on the rear plate indicates the year 1971, which serves to date this photo. I'll have to check back to my collection for the exact date.

I'm curious to know whether the current owner of P 1051 is a member of this board.

Jim

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Fitter.....
How about proper photo credits! I think the last pic is one of mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
And please post some of the Ford press stuff you have from the MK II....the copies I put up are not as nice as yours.
Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The owner is not a forum member. He does still have the SNO 250D license plate. Was this GT on the track, or just in attendance of the event ?

LOL... Those slides were all consecutive pics. If you have similar images, I'm sure it's because you were there when I was. I might have put these pics on a disc for you.

Not trying for bragging rights anyway; just wanted to share at a place where they'd be appreciated. Nice site, BTW.

Why would my copies of those press bulletins be any better? Aren't they the same scans? Let me check my files. I'm not so sure they'd be as interesting as old GT-40 photos. I'll dig through my slides, as well.

Jim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I don't recall at which event this was, but the car was not entered in the race. He was there to watch the race/show off.

I'll look through my slides and report back later for documentation.

Jim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
This was at the six-hour/Can-Am circa 1971. Note the "1970 Camaro Z28 (with the 'small' spoiler that was used first until they needed to homologate the taller unit for Trans-Am)
The GT was just a spectators ride!
Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back