P2161 Maintenance

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Guys are pushing my envelope with the wheel finish. What do you think?

2014060500.jpg

2014060501.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Jack, I dropped it off for a new battery box and center console. While it was there the wheels were accidentally dropped in the powder oven and came out with a blue'ish tint. What do you think?

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Jack, I dropped it off for a new battery box and center console. While it was there the wheels were accidentally dropped in the powder oven and came out with a blue'ish tint. What do you think?

LOL! I need new glasses and a 25 inch monitor! Getting old is the craps.
They look great from this phone. will have a closer look when I get to a real computer. No matter what you can beat powder coating.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Wheels look fantastic in person. Alarm went off at 3am before getting a ride down from my bro to Colorado Springs and Luftkraft Fabrication to pick up the car this morning. Awesome job guys. I should have done the wheels this color last year when they had it. Came back to Denver and went to Cars & Coffee. Fun day!

Cars & Coffee GT40 - YouTube

Hi Mike, last Friday I realised my dream of buying a 2008 CAV GT40 last Friday (see my other post in the welcome section) and although white was not my first choice it turns out to be a perfect colour to play with (green stripes as it has today or blue stripes I am planning to go for) and makes the car look authentic even though it's a replica. And now I even like yours best without any stripes (but some decent other decals).

Ford GT 40 CAV 1975 - der Dampfhammer

Anyway, two questions if I may. Is your car Wimbledon White like mine? I am a bit hesitant to put roundels on a ww car and would have planned to go for plain numbers but on your car the different tones of white look good to me. Btw, I also like the yellow mirrors.

2nd question is about that little black bubble on your roof I have seen on your website. As I am planning to install some proper video system could it be that this is a small cam you are using for better oversight? Especially for changing lanes or also for parking I would find it very useful if you could see both the car's fenders and the surrounding. If this is a cam could you pls provide me with details on the product chosen?

Thanks

Thomas

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Thomas. The white is a custom tint that the guys at Luftkraft Fabrication mixed up. I don't know what you would call it. It's just not a pure white as you can tell when contrasting the roundels with the rest of the car.

I'm not sure what you mean by black bubble? The car has the Gurney bubble on the left side door but you must mean something different? When I shoot video I use a GoPro attached to a suction cup that is in turn attached to the center of the windshield. Can you show me which picture you are referring to?

Your car looks great BTW! Very nice

Thomas, that is one fine looking steed! I'm liking the look of your car a lot.

Mike the wheel color is certainly different and unique and that makes it very cool in my book.

Mike,

I was referring to that little black bubble on top of your roof which can be seen on the third pic on your website.

P2161.com

From your comment I would assume that this is not a cam but something else but pritty much looks like this cam I have in mind - there is a black version but even a white one as you can see below.

Kabel-Seitenkamera CS-110 Camos Blendenautomatik Aufbau Weiß im Conrad Online Shop | 857892

Of course I would rather avoid mounting something like that on top of the car but mounting it in the back of the car in some hidden place would not allow me to see both the car's fenders and the surrounding.

As to the colour also my Wimbledon white is some sort of off-white but I guess it's a warmer tone than yours which looks more if it had a grey shade (which I like very much).

Hi Thomas,

I believe the "black bubble" you are referring to is the hold down clip that ensures the rear clam shell does not come up

I see - I am not familiar with SPF's (as they offer to little head- and legroom for my height which is - believe it or not - 6'6" but I am really slim and sporty) and my CAV does not have such clip.

Well, I might still try the rooftop cam ...

Mike,

although I did some searching I did not find the very same Goodwood stickers you are using. Any chance you could let me know where I could get a pair of these? Picking up my car from the dealer this Sunday and keen to order some decals to improve the look of my car asap.

Thanks

Thomas

Back