P2304

Mike, Put the AC back on! I sealed most leaks (I found a few more) and with the AC it makes it super comfy... I've driven 450 mile trips in complete comfort in 85 degree heat.
I use self adhesive neoprene (4 millimeter thickness). It is easy to cut, malleable and does a great job completely sealing air gaps. The rear end of the Trans tunnel closes really easily with this as well as the gaps from the sill shifter. The portal for the steering rack I sealed with the 3M goopy stuff, with a piece of neoprene to complete the job.
There are a few gaps still, I noticed the hard way when driving in the rain... I didn't care for water leaking onto my legs.... A work in progress.
oh, and one more thing: Crystalline film on the windshield dramatically reduced solar heat soak. Works amazingly well.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Mike, Put the AC back on!
Uh no :D

I don't drive it in stop and go traffic when it's 100 degrees out. With the helicopter vents it stays at ambient temps inside as long as your moving and not sitting still too much. If I wanted comfort I would have bought a Corvette. Why people buy GT40s and then want creature comforts is one of the mysteries of the universe...

Right, My GT40, with or without AC is the most comfortable car I own. I have done many a long drive in my Cobra, AC Ace, Aceca and Jag.... all amounting to a sweat fest on a hot day... I like my Air-conditioning... ;)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
one more thing: Crystalline film on the windshield dramatically reduced solar heat soak. Works amazingly well.

There is an amazing amount of solar heating via the windscreen so the Crystalline film is a good investment.

The helo vents are well worthwhile especially when the ambient is reasonable, but in 80 degree plus with humidity the A/C is the ticket! Yes, Mike we are wusses and want to be cool when we drive.

Eliminating ambient air intrusion is the major part of heat reduction in the GT40. Once you have reduced/eliminated the intrusion, maintaining a reasonable interior temperature is much easier. Improving the A/C efficiency is also a good move. Our A/C seal kit helps and if you have an early car without relays on the blower control you are losing RPM and cold air CFM.

Back