Partially Assembled 1966 Ford GT40 Replica Kit - *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Partially Assembled 1966 Ford GT40 Replica Kit

Should you get over to the Melbourne/Palm Bay area, swing on by!

They went belly up. Sad as they were the only other option to Kinesis which went the same route (sold to Lexani and the build quality went to crap). It seems that Kodiak Kodiak Racing Wheels - Custom lightweight race wheels for performance and racing is the only option for light weight custom multipice wheels at a reasonable price (Most expensive rim is the 18" x 15.5 which come in at $3036 for all four multipiece rims).

Julian

Lifetime Supporter

Daryle at Kodiak acquired and is operating Fikse wheels, I'm told he intends to keep the two businesses distinct and separate.

I know a Pantera owner who just took delivery of a set of Fikse's and is extremely pleased with them. They came with a softer edge on the centerpieces and blind bolts and IMO are a little less 'racy' looking than the Kodiak's.

That said, I have Kodiak's on two of my Pantera's and very happy with them.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

I just made a call to double-check my source. He was *not sure* of anything - but supposedly they've not delivered to an agreement he was aware of and the fear was that they "may be" closing shop.. So all that is 2nd/3rd/4th hand information... I know that they did have some troubles back in late 2009 time frame. Sorry if I spread a bad rumor here.... :shocked: :lipsrsealed: :shocked:

Can I give you a call to talk about the car?
I have an agreement in principal to sell the car; should close next week. If that doesn't happen, though, and you are still interested, I'll let you know. If you want to PM an email address, I can send you a link with a lot more photos of the car, engine and parts. Sorry for the delay in responding; I hadn't checked the forum in a few days.

Valerie

So I'm still on the hunt to start a project like this. I certainly don't have the money to buy yours but I was wondering if some one could give me an idea on the price for this setup. If it's not a problem to divulge that info. I only say that because no one threw up on offer here on the forums.

Thanks,
Steve

Keith

I would have said that at $33,000, this car is going to make a good deal for someone as almost everything is there to finish.

However, depends how long it's been sitting around and where, but if it's been stored properly - good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back