Passo del Muraglione-The italian Nurburgring

well...reading somewhere here I see many of u come sometimes to Italy,and many of u guys like the country:D

If u REALLY want a great driving of your car (suggest a GT40 or a Cobra with a LOT of torque) u can try our "passo del Muraglione".
This is a sort of Hill climb long more than 50 kmts and running as nordschleife between emilia romagna and tuscany, in Mugello landscape.

Usually there are motorbikes meeting, but the specs of the road are much more fun to drive with a car ( a lot of "tornanti"...180°deg....where u can drift everything u want).
Is a public road..so anyway u will have to be very careful,, but in the main part of the road u can see for miles in front of u who is coming up.
The driving is absolutely incredible..u start from Forlì (i did that today with my bmw)and u will arrive in Florence, driving in a magic land...that only ask u to push down and go fast and even faster.

When u arrive in the top of the mountain u are 907 mts over the sea..and u can stop to take a good espresso coffee in a magic bar,where is possible to understand why guys as Valentino Rossi, Marco Melandri and Giacomo Agostini are so terribly fast.(as well as Ruben Xaus, Kevin Schwanz,King Karl...and many MANY other..mostly from SBK)
All they come there and drive pushing to the limits..and they leave in this pub the signature (last one was yesterday Melandri one...picked in my mobile and will post here as soon as I can).
the muraglione name..is a brick wall u will found in the last higher turn..exactly in the middle of the road (and was placed there in medio evo to break wind):D

Believe me...is absolutely one of the nicest roads to be driven by car as GT40s or Cobras..u can leave in every turn your signature with tyres...

If u will try that..u will only love that and return there.

http://www.freevax.it/PASSI/PassoMURAGLIONE.htm
http://www.freevax.it/Cartine/Muraglione.jpg (<--this is the map)

Paolo-with love

Attachments

• muraglione-1_big.jpg
    muraglione-1_big.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 330
  • panorama_big.jpg
    panorama_big.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 303
yum yum yum yum yum yum yum.... :D

Stunning Paolo.

I've done several of the passes through the Alps across into Italy (on a bike), and have yet to find a bad one. We've yet to venture down the leg of Italy, but it is our intention to sort that out next year :chug:

And what will I be riding ?
A Ducati of course :burnout: :grinf:

eheh John,
I anyway suggest u to try the road with a car as the gt40.
The muraglione is named as a bike trial..but has too many slow turns to really appreciate a bike as ducati and powerful ones.

That turns are anyway too perfect to drift...with something as gt or catheram.

Nobody here uses theme..cause such cars are not available here.Just few ones dare with elise...but u know..with the 40 will be completely another matter.

And if somebody of u will do that in future(before me..of course) place the car picture there.

Think in that pub..a nice picture of a Gulf Livery Gt40 will become a true milestone;)

Paolo:D

okay Paolo,
My Gt40 is a long way from being complete, so how about I come over in my Caterham instead :D

Actually, the tight turns are what makes a road a challenge for me, braking hard into a bend, and powering out the other side. A Ducati has a load of torque, so pulls low down and generally pulls away from japanese sports bikes by several bikes lengths :D
Give me a nice twisty technical road any day to one I can blast along at 120+mph, as that sorts the men from the boys ;)

Anyway, we will be coming over on the bikes next year, so I'll give you a pm before we come so we can maybe meet up and talk cars over a bottle of Barolo.

Cheers,
John.

Back